12   0   0
    D89wJvuXsAkM-uZ.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It looks to me like an open invitation for civil liability as it is a clear admission that the city recognizes the danger created by a guaranteed disarmed victim zone and further states that absolutely nothing is being done, nor will it ever be done, to counter this danger.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I think it's long past time we begin to insist they stop calling them "Gun free zones ", and start calling them what they are: "Kill boxes with a governmentally mandated reduced chance of return fire".

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    History and experience is clear in what happens when businesses are armed and everyone knows it: crime goes down.
    The only thing the criminal understands and will restrain them is their destruction is at risk if they pull out a gun.
    Uninformed people (who live in a bubble of ignorance) just don't get this and think that the gun is what causes all the problems: really not a thought-out position.
    I just saw the number of people killed by elephants or people falling out of bed, or by knives, and etc, and I don't even want to talk about cars.
    We would be a safer community it we banned fast food and rode bicycles. :lmfao:
    After moving to the "big" city in 1985, I was shocked at the attitudes of the people I worked with that thought owning a gun was utterly stupid.
    I was baffled, and learned to keep my mouth shut.
    As a teacher, I used to have a table of magazines/comics/National Geographic and hunting magazines (with real rifles pictured!!!).
    The Principal went nuts and I had to remove them.
    My introduction that guns weren't tools but anti-people killing machines.
    In my last Semester of teaching (of which career ends today after 5 different decades of teaching), I discovered that a new hire (older woman whose grown son was ex-military), knew all about handguns and CC.
    FINALLY!!! Someone I could send pics to of a new buy, the range and listen to her talk about going to the range with her son: normality. :laugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Second to the congratulations upon retirement! :rockwoot:

Thanks!
    On my 3rd day: had 5 appts. Monday & Tuesday.
    Did get to go to the range after last appt. yesterday to test out a Ruger Charger I bought last Jan.

Apparently, today is yard work day.
    Well, better start the mowing before the rains come.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The left is very, very good at using word connotation as opposed to word denotation to further their agenda. They call illegal aliens undocumented immigrants. Soft targets are gun-free zones, semi-auto rifles are assault weapons, normal capacity magazines are high capacity magazines, unconstitutional infringement laws are common sense laws, etc., etc. The whole deal is called political correctness even though it reduces correctness and increases inaccuracy.

Conservatives, however, are horrible at using word connotation to further their agenda. Look at the examples above, they will never catch on. They are either too long or not catchy at all. The left frequently agrees on a term and uses it a lot. The right never seems to agree on a term and they don't get used. The left biased media supports this a lot and the absence of the same level of right biased media probably hurts a lot.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I recently saw a sign posted at a federal park saying No firearms and that it was against US code such n such ect ect.
    Its not illegal to carry in U.S. parks right?

I asked a park ranger about it (playing dumb of coarse and never revealing what my personal beliefs or carry practices are) and he said that yeah its against the law and even his federal agent brother in law cant carry without contacting their chief of security and getting some kind of waver.
    Sounds like a complete load of horse**** to me. I just smiled and said oh wow lol.

My right to keep and bear arms cannot be granted or taken away by any government. I think our gun communities desire to be shown as good law abiding citizens has ****ed us and hurt our rights.
    I dont have to prove that I am a good citizen to be able to defend myself.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom