Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

HK Financial Troubles.....another one bites the dust???

If this is a dupe, my apologies. I tried searching.

It seems that HK is now in financial troubles from dwindling government contracts. It seems that when the militaries of the world slow down purchases, that the civilian market is where the money is at. Hooda thunk?

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-du...fk30PUBGFa5wiM

In most countries HK refused to sell even neutered versions of their iconic guns. The "Because you suck, and we hate you" meme that has been floating around for years and assigned to HK may be more truthful than HK is willing to admit. (click here for reference)

In recent years HK has been bringing more modern products to the civilian market with the VP9 series. But for the most part, it think it is far too little too late. IMHO...if HK had embraced the civilian market back in the 70's, 80's or even the 90's, they would not be in this situation.

First German Sig (Sig America seems to be strong), and now HK. Will Germany have any major world playing firearms manufacturing left?
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

User Info Menu

I think Germany is so enlightened now, they are embarrassed to have an arms company in their borders.
    Last edited by Expat; 4 Weeks Ago at 15:00.

User Info Menu

Let Taurus buy them

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hookeye View Post
    Let Taurus buy them
    Sure, return shipping to Miami is way cheaper than Germany.

User Info Menu

H&K never learned something that Beretta figured out, you need a civilian market in the event you lose a military contract. Beretta understands the US market and has come out with some really nice firearms. On the other hand, H&K so trashed the US market that many of us would not take one of their weapons even if given one and promised free lifetime support. They suck and we hate them too.

User Info Menu

The main reason why the US doesn't get the fun semi auto versions of Hks is not so much they hate us, but rather the German government regulates export and won't allow them to send over the cool stuff. Although the running joke of you suck and we hate you is funny cause it does seem that way on the surface.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hookeye View Post
    Let Taurus buy them
    Seriously? Taurus buy HK? That would be like a remake of a certain company buying Remington and running the oldest American gun maker into the ground.
    If you always do what you've always done you will only get what you've always gotten.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NyleRN View Post
    The main reason why the US doesn't get the fun semi auto versions of Hks is not so much they hate us, but rather the German government regulates export and won't allow them to send over the cool stuff.
    That's what I hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Which is why in a post-apocalyptic world, never, ever let screenwriters have any input on security, strategery, or tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinchaser View Post
    Try and comprehend when I post here and LEARN!

Assault is a behavior, not a device.

User Info Menu

HK could have opened a US factory if they gave a crap about the US market.
    Daniel GM1 USNR (R)

User Info Menu

Good. They still owe me $200 from there rebate a few years ago.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast