Any reputable gun appraisers in or around Elkhart?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Save some time and effort and go look on the internet sites like Gunbroker.com or Guns.com to get an idea of what your AR may be worth. Seems like the market is flooded with all sorts of AR's from beginner guns to custom builds with premium components. You should be able to get a good idea also by taking the gun to a local gun shop and ask the dealer for a real idea of what it may be worth at retail. Best of luck.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Is that a gun store or just a FFL?

His website is no longer active, last trip there had the impression he is cutting back on business and inventory. In any event suggest a call prior to a visit so his security officer "Major" has a heads up. Doug and his wife are good people. Not really sure how I feel about Major............

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    His website is no longer active, last trip there had the impression he is cutting back on business and inventory. In any event suggest a call prior to a visit so his security officer "Major" has a heads up. Doug and his wife are good people. Not really sure how I feel about Major............

When I worked for Bristol PD, I responded to his shop quite frequently on burglar alarms. Always a false trip. Doug is a great guy. He did all of our transfers for us when we retired our duty guns and we were able to buy them. Never had any trouble with Major. :laugh:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That was Steve. uh uh uh.... can't remember his last name at the moment. Unless you meant on the corner of Vistula and Division and then that was Ron Wedge.
    Seems like it was 3-4 blocks south on Division at that time. Then it moved to Vistula just east o division.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Probably found out AR's arent worth what they use to be.

Not sure how he looked at it but to me, having a gun "Appraised" would |(and should) cost something. Time is a valuable commodity. So is years of experience earning the title "Appraiser" just like having your house or car "Appraised"

The question asked by the OP could have been answered easily by so may members here. Post up a couple of pics, list what the rifle is and has. Bingo.

Then the cat fight starts...….:):

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    AR market went to poop.

I recently sold two of them. Had 2k each in them. Got 700 each. Was able to repurchase two new ones that are actually better and more modern with the same money including optics. I'm pleased !

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not sure how he looked at it but to me, having a gun "Appraised" would |(and should) cost something. Time is a valuable commodity. So is years of experience earning the title "Appraiser" just like having your house or car "Appraised"

The question asked by the OP could have been answered easily by so may members here. Post up a couple of pics, list what the rifle is and has. Bingo.

Then the cat fight starts...….:):

True. The OP's post is old, but I agree. My first thought was, what is rare or valuable about this AR to make getting it "appraised" worthwhile, vs just asking, hey I have "x", what's it worth...

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Seems like it was 3-4 blocks south on Division at that time. Then it moved to Vistula just east o division.

One of our memories is clouded as I remember Steve Glassburn starting out in the small building just east of SR15 North on north side of Vistula (SR120) and then growing into the maybe too large pole building structure just south of the tracks on the west side of SR15 South. I thought he closed his doors from there, but could be wrong. Ron Wedge's downtown business came a number of years later and sadly I never visited there.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    One of our memories is clouded as I remember Steve Glassburn starting out in the small building just east of SR15 North on north side of Vistula (SR120) and then growing into the maybe too large pole building structure just south of the tracks on the west side of SR15 South. I thought he closed his doors from there, but could be wrong. Ron Wedge's downtown business came a number of years later and sadly I never visited there.
    You are probably right. Sad to say, my memory isn't what it used to be, I could have them reversed. I don't think I ever went in the last one.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    The auction for that was quite extensive.
    I helped carry out most of the black powder supplies when the auction was completed.
    Took us 3 truck loads to get it all out of there.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Not sure how he looked at it but to me, having a gun "Appraised" would |(and should) cost something. Time is a valuable commodity. So is years of experience earning the title "Appraiser" just like having your house or car "Appraised

I was wondering the definition of the word "appraised" in insurance terms. I once asked my State Farm agent about a insurance policy for gun stuff. He told me all items would have to be "appraised". But, he couldn't tell me by who. Is it research on GB that's dated to give you the current value of a rifle or pistol. I don't buy in the least that every gun shop owner is qualified. Most the time they have a guess or a personal opinion. Anyway, just wondering!

Top Bottom