• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    The guy seemed to be hilarious inept too, sling was duct taped onto a DPMS oracle and he was taken down by one in the chest. Was apparently an anime enthusiast and the butt of internet jokes now.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    There's a picture floating around on the interwebs of the shooter, flat on his back with shirt off being tended to by responders, with what appears to be a 5.56 entry round dead-center the IPSC Zone A...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Apparently, playing video games, watching cartoons, and buying a rifle and some gear do not necessarily result in an effective combatant. Who knew?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You said anime and GPIA7R ran all this way to be dissapointed :):

It's just such an odd generalization.

It's a medium, a platform.

Calling someone a music enthusiast, sport enthusiast, car enthusiast, movie enthusiast, book enthusiast.... would probably never be said about someone as though it applied to the situation.

Man, that Adam Lanza kid... I heard he was a real magazine enthusiast. Probably why he killed the kids.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Interesting, camera at street level, camera up high, didn't appear to shoot at anything but the building. Suicide by cop? :dunno::dunno:

When I saw the very good photo they had of the guy taken by someone on the street I was curious where that came from also. It didn't just seem like something from a cell phone video or anything.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The memes roasting this guy made my whole week.

Washed out of the infantry after 18 months for failing PT, still completely humiliated himself. Drilled in the sternum by some boomer federal agent with a 9mm, right through his crappy surplus flak jacket.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll touch on the "anime" thing real quick...

Again, it's a platform, a medium. It's equivalent to "music", "books", "films"... broad things. Containers that hold all the good, and all the bad.

There are good guns, and bad guns.
    There are good beers, and bad beers.
    There are good shows, and bad shows.
    There are good anime, and bad anime.
    There are good songs, and bad songs.
    There are good people, and bad people.

So... my confusion is sparked when a hobby is listed, unrelated to the event that took place, as though it's related.

I know nothing of beekeeping, and let's assume TT is an avid beekeeper. Knows his stuff.

I get on INGO and start ****-talking about beekeepers, and alluding to them probably being the hobby of degenerates and harmful people. I would hope that someone more educated and involved about the subject, like TT, would stop by and call me out... perhaps even ask me for clarification... about the topic I know nothing about.

If all you know of anime is tentacle hentai or some **** like that... then you've only been exposed to the extreme and shocking examples. Much like being introduced to books with Mein Kampf, or your first foray into music is "Friday" by Rebecca Black.

Just trying to provide some context. "Anime", as a medium, is probably more widely watched than you think. Same goes for gaming. These are industries that are growing year over year, especially Anime exposure here in America. It's insane how many series are released every year, compared to regular broadcast television shows, and especially compared to how it was 5 years ago, 5 years before that, 5 years before that... and so on.

It means animation associated with Japan. There are 400+ production studios. Anime accounts for 60% of the world's animated television shows.

So... calling an attempted murderer an anime enthusiast... I could understand how that may ruffle the feathers of the millions of anime watchers that aren't attempted murderers.

(edit: I just realized I was typing this out as I was paused on a super ****ed-up episode of an anime I'm re-watching. That doesn't discount what I said! :) )

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    poqwj4yme9v21.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's like saying he was apparently an eater of pork chops, or he read newspapers, as though it has relevance.

Exactly.

So my 12 year old G-daughter is already an accomplished artist with some serious skills for her age. Her favorite style is Anime. So what. We love her drawings in this style.

Not sure how this is relevant.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's just such an odd generalization.

It's a medium, a platform.

Calling someone a music enthusiast, sport enthusiast, car enthusiast, movie enthusiast, book enthusiast.... would probably never be said about someone as though it applied to the situation.

Man, that Adam Lanza kid... I heard he was a real magazine enthusiast. Probably why he killed the kids.

Adult males into Anime are weird. :stickpoke:

(Cue outrage post by Haven in 3... 2... 1... )

Top Bottom