• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Had a little time to kill this afternoon so I wandered into my local Bloomingdales*.
    That's what my uncle calls our Goodwill store.

I never expect to find anything good, but you just never know.
    Today I spotted a black leather belt-slide holster form fitted for a large framed revolver.
    "Self" I thought, "you have a few large framed revolvers. Maybe it will fit one".

I picked it up and thought it looked new. Still flat, like it had never had a belt through it.
    I turned it over to look at the price tag. HOLY CRAP! $.99!

That's right. A brand new leather holster for ninety nine cents!
    I brought it home and started going through the safe.
    It appears to be custom made for a 3" barreled Judge with a 2-1/2" cylinder.
    I searched for a name but couldn't find one.
    It does look a lot like some Galco/Desantis/Bianchi style belt-slides, and seems well made.

My Judge is a 4" barrel with a 2-1/2" cylinder. The barrel protrudes out of the holster, but not enough to worry about.
    It also fits my Ruger New Model Blackhawk in .357mag, but not quite as well.

Yes, I looked for more. No luck
    I would NEVER had guessed I'd find a new $.99 holster!:rockwoot:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    For .99 you couldn't really go wrong...I'd have bought it just to see if anything fit.

This was my thought exactly.
    We have a gun show in my town this weekend.
    I thought if I bought it and couldn't use it, I could always trade it off at the show.
    Turns out I CAN use it.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Had a little time to kill this afternoon so I wandered into my local Bloomingdales*.
    That's what my uncle calls our Goodwill store.

I never expect to find anything good, but you just never know.
    Today I spotted a black leather belt-slide holster form fitted for a large framed revolver.
    "Self" I thought, "you have a few large framed revolvers. Maybe it will fit one".

I picked it up and thought it looked new. Still flat, like it had never had a belt through it.
    I turned it over to look at the price tag. HOLY CRAP! $.99!

That's right. A brand new leather holster for ninety nine cents!
    I brought it home and started going through the safe.
    It appears to be custom made for a 3" barreled Judge with a 2-1/2" cylinder.
    I searched for a name but couldn't find one.
    It does look a lot like some Galco/Desantis/Bianchi style belt-slides, and seems well made.

My Judge is a 4" barrel with a 2-1/2" cylinder. The barrel protrudes out of the holster, but not enough to worry about.
    It also fits my Ruger New Model Blackhawk in .357mag, but not quite as well.

Yes, I looked for more. No luck
    I would NEVER had guessed I'd find a new $.99 holster!:rockwoot:

I'll give you $5 for it. I want something besides a Fobus for my judge.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    That's cool.

Even the most tawdry of mass manufactured leather holsters go for much more than .99.

I'm wondering if it was a fly-by-night company, or maybe this holster is a "second" or "blemished".
    It is obviously for the Judge, but the impressions are clear and crisp on one side, but half are all but nonexistent on the reverse.
    I cannot find a name, or any markings at all. No name, no numbers, no symbols, nothing.
    I guess someone wasn't pleased enough with the craftsmanship to put their name on it.

Works for me.
    It really does appear to be well made. Just the molding that didn't go perfectly.

Top Bottom