Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Gloves

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Okay. Can you guys help me?
    Why use gloves?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or silly. I really want to know.
    For me, I got used to having to wear them. Other than that, I only put them on if I'm shooting a medium to high volume day. I have multiple hand injuries in my shooting hand. The compression from my gloves, lessens the joint pain. Which after a 500+ round day can get excruciating. Plus I want to be the cool guy at p.b. shooting my ar @10yards

User Info Menu

I like the PIG gloves, but donít like that theyíre $40 ish, and need replaced about three times a year with any use.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Okay. Can you guys help me?
    Why use gloves?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or silly. I really want to know.
    Recoil reduction in the palm of my hand. After 20-30 rounds, my hand gets twitchy.

Also, the slightly rough exterior helps grip a slick fiberglass gunstock grip. Many of my competition handguns have 2 ounce triggers, I don't want it to go off because my hand is sliding around.

User Info Menu

Now during the week day I'm usually shooting a 30 gauge and I use waterproof gloves. Reasons are numerous but frankly it is a requirement.

Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    Now during the week day I'm usually shooting a 30 gauge and I use waterproof gloves. Reasons are numerous but frankly it is a requirement.

Doc you are a sick man lol. Shots really don't bother me....but I have serious anxiety issues with dentists and that doesn't help. I get the humor but dang man

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Areoflyer09 View Post
    Browning has an adjustable and interchangeable trigger system on the Cynergy. Itís pretty nifty, mostly. One them is a wide faced trigger with an aggressive checker cut into the trigger face. The other two options are smooth faced, finding them seems to be a problem though.

Page 37 has the checkered trigger showing.
    https://www.browning.com/content/dam...y%20OM_WEB.pdf

Edit: itís the Triple Trigger system, been around for awhile it turns out. Not just on the Cynergy.
    Wow..I see why you would need gloves

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    Wow..I see why you would need gloves
    Itís just a bit over the top for trap use. Itís probably fantastic for field use though. You wonít slip off of it.
    ď...I blame TurboĒ -Everyone

User Info Menu

Lol, here is the actual glove damage that could have been my hand.

Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

Whatever you wear, make sure they look cool. Because if you don't look cool, what's the point?

Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

Iíve tried the glove thing for winter shooting. I end up taking them off so Iíve given up on the concept. I donít wear gloves in the winter in my daily life anyhow so I donít ďneedĒ to train with them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast