Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    martinsville gun range

    Took a trip to the Martinsville gun range to do some testing. the road into the range was in good shape even after all the rain we had. One spot looked like the hill side was sliding down close to the road. Still not bad for all the rain we've received.

  2. #2
    Master dubsac's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by maddogmech View Post
    Took a trip to the Martinsville gun range to do some testing. the road into the range was in good shape even after all the rain we had. One spot looked like the hill side was sliding down close to the road. Still not bad for all the rain we've received.
    hey maddogmech are you speaking on Martinsville Conservation Club range?
    Quote Originally Posted by Faine View Post
    Fan-tastic! Will you take some pics? I always enjoy looking at a nice Johnson.

  3. #3
    Marksman COOPADUP's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    That's a members only range isn't it?

  4. #4
    Grandmaster gregkl's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Yes, it is if he is referring to the Martinsville Conservation Club.
    Outlier

  5. #5
    Ark
    Ark is offline
    Sharpshooter Ark's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    Yes, it is if he is referring to the Martinsville Conservation Club.
    Is MCC still functionally impossible for new people to get into?

  6. #6
    Grandmaster femurphy77's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Is MCC still functionally impossible for new people to get into?
    While not impossible I believe that they've gone to a referral system that involves the referring member losing his membership as well as the referred member if the referred member is a douche that causes trouble.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

    What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

  7. #7
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Yes dubsac it is Martinsville conservation club.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubsac View Post
    hey maddogmech are you speaking on Martinsville Conservation Club range?

  8. #8
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Yes its a members club
    Quote Originally Posted by COOPADUP View Post
    That's a members only range isn't it?

  9. #9
    Expert BillD's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Great range.
    I've helped a couple friends become members.
    100-yard range, 330 yard range, 1 pistol Bay, 3 clay pigeon traps and 4 mixed use rifle pistol shotgun ranges.

    I'm very happy to be a member.
    You can make excuses or you can make ready.

  10. #10
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BillD View Post
    Great range.
    I've helped a couple friends become members.
    100-yard range, 330 yard range, 1 pistol Bay, 3 clay pigeon traps and 4 mixed use rifle pistol shotgun ranges.

    I'm very happy to be a member.
    I was introduced to it by another INGOer (indy1919a4) and I was hooked. I joined back when you had to wait in line on New Years Eve (got there a little before 5 p.m.) for them to open at 8 a.m. New Years Day back in 2015 (?). Well worth it! That year they had 37 openings and I think a buddy and I were numbers 32 and 33 in line. They hadn't opened up the 330 yard (actually I think it might be 346 but that's splitting hairs ) at the time, but they were clearing the land for it. I like that I can go down there even on a weekend and not be crowded. I don't think I've ever seen more than 15 or 20 shooters there at one time - spread out between all the ranges. And that would be very busy indeed.

    Oh, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they've installed a steel plate rack in one of the multi-use ranges.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge