• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Took a trip to the Martinsville gun range to do some testing. the road into the range was in good shape even after all the rain we had. One spot looked like the hill side was sliding down close to the road. Still not bad for all the rain we've received.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Took a trip to the Martinsville gun range to do some testing. the road into the range was in good shape even after all the rain we had. One spot looked like the hill side was sliding down close to the road. Still not bad for all the rain we've received.

hey maddogmech are you speaking on Martinsville Conservation Club range?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Is MCC still functionally impossible for new people to get into?

While not impossible I believe that they've gone to a referral system that involves the referring member losing his membership as well as the referred member if the referred member is a douche that causes trouble.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Great range.
    I've helped a couple friends become members.
    100-yard range, 330 yard range, 1 pistol Bay, 3 clay pigeon traps and 4 mixed use rifle pistol shotgun ranges.

I'm very happy to be a member.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Great range.
    I've helped a couple friends become members.
    100-yard range, 330 yard range, 1 pistol Bay, 3 clay pigeon traps and 4 mixed use rifle pistol shotgun ranges.

I'm very happy to be a member.

I was introduced to it by another INGOer (indy1919a4) and I was hooked. I joined back when you had to wait in line on New Years Eve (got there a little before 5 p.m.) for them to open at 8 a.m. New Years Day back in 2015 (?). Well worth it! That year they had 37 openings and I think a buddy and I were numbers 32 and 33 in line. They hadn't opened up the 330 yard (actually I think it might be 346 but that's splitting hairs :):) at the time, but they were clearing the land for it. I like that I can go down there even on a weekend and not be crowded. I don't think I've ever seen more than 15 or 20 shooters there at one time - spread out between all the ranges. And that would be very busy indeed.

Oh, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they've installed a steel plate rack in one of the multi-use ranges.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    There is a plate rack in the front pistol only Bay also.

I have grandkids that are having a ball going down there and shooting 22s.

The back fence is 346?
    Cool

I enjoy my time down there.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Best gun money I've ever spent. It has come a long way from a single range that was basically a clearing in the forest. Sure beat the wild west show that was Atterbury. (can never spell that)

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Indeed. Absolutely beautiful day at the Martinsville range yesterday afternoon.
    300 rds of 9mm and 300 of .223.
    One other guy on the whole range.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I like it there and am forever grateful that I was given a membership.

I have noticed that it seems to be getting busier. I wonder if people have decided to shoot more or if the more recent members are more active than the "old guard" that have been members for a long time.

I've been there on Saturday or Sunday morning on several occasions this season where every range had shooters including the clay's range.

Good to see people using the club. Hope it doesn't get too busy.:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm fortunate enough to have every other Friday off, so I try and take advantage of that and get down there every once in awhile. Usually not too busy on a weekday. Went on Columbus Day last week, and it was deserted at first. Saw a couple more people show up while we were there, but that was about it. Maybe 4 or 5 people total (including indy1919a4 and me).

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Out of curiosity, has much is dues? Thanks in advance.

I can't remember, I'd have to check. They will be due soon again. I do know this, they are too low for what you get. Shh...don't tell the board.

Though I would pay more to help keep it nice. Actually, I'd like to get on the board.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dues are $125 per year for existing members. If you can get in (membership is capped at 500 members), then it would be the $125 plus a one time fee for your gate pass of $50. As gregkl said, well worth it for the facility's amenities.

Top Bottom