• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Looking around quickly, I only find Snap Safes as a modular gun safe. I would like to put a gun safe in my basement, but traditional safes are to big and heavy to move (400lbs up). Does any one have experience with the modular gun safes? Is there another option other than Snap Safes?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Not trying to go off-topic, but I moved an 800# safe into my basement with just myself and one of by buddies. We rented a stair-climbing dolly from one of the local rental places for like $80 and it was super easy.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    :popcorn: Modular units look interesting.

I regret buying my 36 gun safe. Like mentioned above its too big to do anything with. Think it tips the scale at around 850 empty. Took 4 big dudes, a truck with a hydro lift gate, Bass Pro gift cards, sloppy joe sandwiches, and a rented stair climber dolly to get it into the front door of our new house. Been 7 years and its still sitting where we left it. Called it furniture. Sucks! The stair climber machine we rented was gutless and didn't work.

I would be more interested in several smaller safes hidden around the house instead of one big one. Wife wants new carpet now. Trade anyone?

Top Bottom