Ranges that are open on Thursday/4th of July?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Most of the local ranges I would go to are going to be closed on the 4th for the holiday. I totally understand that and have absolutely no problem with it.
    However, I will have the day off and have a couple guns with new magazines I would like to function check and that day will be convenient for me to get to the range.

This is a call to INGO'ers to sound off if they know their local range will be open for shooting.

Closed/Please enjoy the holiday: Tim's shooting academy in Westfield will be closed. This was my first choice.
    Don't care, I won't shoot there anyway: Shoot Point Blank.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The HHRP range near Gnaw Bone is open to members and guests until 4pm when setup will begin for a USPSA match which is open to all.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I believe that the state park shooting ranges will still be open. So just a quick trip to Winamac or New Castle.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I believe that the state park shooting ranges will still be open. So just a quick trip to Winamac or New Castle.

I would confirm. Most of them are closed on the big holidays.
    The parks/property will be open, but the ranges are usually locked up.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thats why im a member of my local Izaak Walton. Open 365 days a year. My key card gets me in from 7am to 10pm everyday of the year.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport

I believe that Winamac is closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays on a regular basis. Last year they changed business days to Friday thru Tuesdays.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Winamac is only closed on two holidays; Christmas and New Year's Day(might be Thanksgiving instead of Jan 1).
    The range is regularly closed on Wednesday and Thursday; no go for you sadly. I would check JP or Kingsbury. They should be open

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    The HHRP range near Gnaw Bone is open to members and guests until 4pm when setup will begin for a USPSA match which is open to all.

Beat me to it. There may be some fireworks later in the evening as well and vintage/goofy stuff on the USPSA course after the match before the potential fireworks.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I stopped going because of the cost of the range. Really a nice facility and a good staff, but it that membership hurts.

I haven't looked since they were the new range in town. I rarely ever go to indoor ranges. I'll have to look, that may be why I haven't found myself there more often.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    The Range in Mount Juliet will be open all day, the sound of freedom will be evident throughout the day. Steel plates will be on the move, and a good time will be had by all.

Top Bottom