Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    wcd
    Expert

User Info Menu

Really am I missing something?

Was on a firearms review website the other day, and they were promoting some specific brand of targets with graphics of human organs and a KILL ZONE area of the target. Seems like that has bad idea written all over it? Seriously I can not imagine how these would not have unintended consequences if it ever came up. Like yes your honor I train regularly, what kind of targets do you use? Well I use kill zone targets! Seems like somebody did not think this through? As far as I could tell they were not novelty targets.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    Was on a firearms review website the other day, and they were promoting some specific brand of targets with graphics of human organs and a KILL ZONE area of the target. Seems like that has bad idea written all over it? Seriously I can not imagine how these would not have unintended consequences if it ever came up. Like yes your honor I train regularly, what kind of targets do you use? Well I use kill zone targets! Seems like somebody did not think this through? As far as I could tell they were not novelty targets.
    I get that things can get twisted in court, and folks are concerned with how things look, but the most important thing would be for any shoot to be a good, clean shoot that was legally and morally justified. I don't really care what folks have printed on their targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

There are tons of targets in all shapes and sizes that show the internals of a human. Even a generic silhouette with a t shape on the face is intended to show the kill zone.
    Though it's just a memory
    Some memories last forever- RUSH- Lakeside Park

Expert

User Info Menu

Do you know there are states where it is against the law to shoot at a human shaped target?

I guess the opposite must be true where hunters walk all over the woods without seeing any bulls eyes and yet the deer signs on the side of the road are shot to hell.

Can you imagine some of the reports coming out of this ideology?

"Honesty officer, I had no intention of shooting him until he picked up that trash can lid and held it in front of his head. I couldn't help myself, it was reflex..."
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

I routinely shoot a printed picture of my ex....
    I just don't feel safe in gun free zones...

User Info Menu

I'm sure they'd love the Hillary targets
    Highball

Plinker

User Info Menu

Kind of the way things are today, some people get butt hurt over everything now. Targets are targets!

User Info Menu

Anyone carrying should practice killshots. I see no problem here. We don't carry for spur of the moment uspsa matches or impromptu saloon room gun twirling. we carry to kill a threat.

User Info Menu

Failing to see the problem here. Many own guns solely for defensive use against other people. I would hope they train as much as time and budget allows. Would also hope they use a proper human shaped target and are able to keep projectiles in the"kill zone".
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    Is it actually labeled "KILL ZONE" on the paper? If so, that's silly.

Given that, targets that replicate specific anatomical features are very, very important for people who may potentially using a firearm to defend life. "Aim to center of mass" is quite simply wrong, unless you're in a situation where you have limited access and have to pick the best available place to put rounds. Many people are woefully ignorant of human anatomy. For instance, the center of mass of an adult human is normally below the belly button, which is a less than optimal target to maximize chances of stopping a threat.

Pistols are puny and it's absolutely essential to understand the basis of anatomy (combined with marksmanship) in order to make pistol bullet as effective as possible in stopping a threat. At least occasional use of anatomically correct targets is a good idea. Being taught where to shoot to maximize effectiveness is important, but you have to practice it. That's tough to do on a paper plate or a bullseye target and very easy

If your reasons for shooting are limited strictly to range fun and shooting sports, then such targets are of limited use to you. You'll be fine with bullseyes!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast