Sportsmans Warehouse - Fort Wayne. Opening soon!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Should be interesting. A friend of mine from Friendship, Lawrence Evans, works for them back at h.o. doing sales. Seems to think it's a sweet gig. I could never do it. I'd have to live out back of work in a tent!

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Just as my credit card has finally recovered from my last shopping trip to vendor row at Camp Perry, this store is ready for business......I for one am happy !

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    We had one in Lafayette for a few years.
    They were replaced by Gander Mountain, and now we have nothing in the way of a large box store for sporting goods.

Dick's doesn't count.

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I just checked their on line price for American Eagle .223, Gander is cheaper. They are also a little cheaper on a 19X, and $2.00 cheaper on H4895. I'll still go check them out, but I'll check both places before I buy anything.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Seems like they have some decent sales looking at their store fliers from other locations. They also offer an extensive line of gunsmithing services. You can order from their website and have it sent to the store.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I miss the one in Lafayette. Was only an hour away and had really nice inventory.

Been to the one in Soldotna, Alaska. It is a lot smaller than the old Lafayette store. May have to make a road trip to Fort Wayne.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Open today! Stopped at lunch. Large selection. Pricing varies, need to compare with other outlets and even check against their own website. Got a price correction on ammo that was 10% lower on their site vs store. No problem, they adjusted it there. Some police trade in pistols. Definite competition for Gander Outdoors. Gun prices seem comparable, not bargains. Will be interesting to see how their sales go.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Went Friday night to wander the aisles and window shop. Nice overall selection and good variety. Didn’t really do any price checking, just looking to see what they had. Lots of staff that were friendly and outgoing. This was their soft opening and next weekend is their grand opening with hoopla and stuff.

PS avoid the aisle with camping gear. Some woman was crop dusting and giggling about it.

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I stopped in today and picked up an older used Ruger 10/22 for $149.99. Looks like it was made in 2001. Needs a good cleaning but it's in pretty good
    shape. All metal trigger assembly.

Top Bottom