• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    And this one was in Kirk Freeman's neighborhood!

Very sketchy details at the moment.
    Only information I have is from WLFI.com, so it could be "Fake News" LOL

Police responded to Kirk's neighborhood at 1:10am Thursday morning to find a woman had been shot.
    Police could not tell at the time how many times she had been shot, or where.
    Must have still been too dark...

She was taken to the hospital in serious but stable condition.
    Suspect is still at large.

Stay safe out there...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Both the Lafayette Police and the Tippecanoe County Prosecuting Attorney refuse to give a name and description of the suspect. So, right now, the shooter could be in our neighborhood and no one would be the wiser.

Law enforcement has been screwing with us on the North End for a couple of years now--the Redmon murder, the Meluch parade debacle, and now this. This is just the latest example. I am beyond angry.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm keeping a watch on the south end of town.
    I can't watch the whole city by myself.

Seriously, this is really disheartening.
    Lafayette has never been the sleepy little burg some thought it to be (if you don't believe me, Google the words, "Lafayette/1970's/feud/truck bombing/drive-by shooting"...also Google corrupt Judge same circa...) but it's getting exponentially worse every year.

A friend of mine was murdered in his own home here just months ago.
    I need to find a place outside of town.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Lafayette has never been the sleepy little burg some thought it to be (if you don't believe me, Google the words, "Lafayette/1970's/feud/truck bombing/drive-by shooting"...also Google corrupt Judge same circa...) but it's getting exponentially worse every year.

On the bright side, the Marathon station at 9th and Ferry is a great place to practice your entire battery of defensive skills.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I remember hearing about the Weatherfords all the time when I lived up there in the early 80's. I lived at the corner of Ferry and Asher for awhile, and then later on Hartford St. near St. Elizabeth hospital. Used to love going to Budge's burgers. :)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I just cannot believe that the police hate the North End so much that they will not even release a description of the shooter. This is insane.

LPD had all that time to follow me around last year but they don't have the time for an e-mail?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Both the Lafayette Police and the Tippecanoe County Prosecuting Attorney refuse to give a name and description of the suspect. So, right now, the shooter could be in our neighborhood and no one would be the wiser.

Law enforcement has been screwing with us on the North End for a couple of years now--the Redmon murder, the Meluch parade debacle, and now this. This is just the latest example. I am beyond angry.

Perhaps time to vote with your feet?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I just cannot believe that the police hate the North End so much that they will not even release a description of the shooter. This is insane.

LPD had all that time to follow me around last year but they don't have the time for an e-mail?

Sometimes I wonder if it's not more incompetence than anything else.
    It really makes no sense that they refuse to release a description.

"Be vigilant, stay on the lookout..." they just won't tell us what or who to lookout for!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    So, now this story has dropped from the front page of WLFI coverage and not even an update.
    No description of the suspect(s) even now.

Makes me wonder if they don't know who it is, but don't want to tip their hand.

There are stories floating around town that this is par for the course for "Lafayette's finest".
    The word is that the Lafayette force lacks the testicular fortitude to confront bad guys.
    Rumors abound that they will just let dangerous perps slip by, so they become someone else's problem.

I sincerely hope these rumors are false, but the only facts available to the public make most any other scenario implausible.
    Something needs to change.
    The good citizens of Lafayette deserve better than this.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon

Last time there was a loose one in Tippy County he wound up in my backyard.. didn’t end well for him, but problem solved.

Top Bottom