Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Atkinson Firearms in Greenwood

Curious if anyone else has been to the shop yet in Greenwood next to the county airport? I have been in the process of trading some guns that I no longer shoot and picking up some pistols I have had my eyes on for awhile. Popped into this shop and was greeted by the owner Sean. He is a fire fighter from Brownsburg who will be retiring sooner than later and decided to open a shop for once he retires.

Really nice guy, we ended up talking for awhile about guns, training and hunting. It was actually refreshing to have someone greet me at the door and ask me questions, taking an interest in my interests. I have ended up purchasing some guns from him and trading in a few. He offers more on trade than anyone else I have traded with on the south side and he recognizes me as a repeat customer and has worked with me on a few items to help close the deal when I was on the fence. I like the fact that he recognizes and values a loyal customer. I hate when some of the other shops just ignore you until you come beg to look at one of their guns if they have time.

Seems like he can order anything that is not in the shop. Seems like he has the full line of glocks, Sig, Shields, alien gear holsters, night sights, pmags and glock mags. Hopefully you all will enjoy it as much as I have, hope he sticks around for the long haul so we have another option.

User Info Menu

I was there this afternoon, went in to see what was up based on INGO comments and the word of former co-workers. I also had the pleasure of taking a motorcycle basic rider course taught by two really effective and personable instructors, and one of them works there part time.

Super nice guy, and they had something I needed in-stock and on display, a magazine for a Sig P938. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but the price was reasonable and I needed one.

I talked for a while with Sean, the owner, and was impressed with what he's done here. Sean and the other guy working there (I apologize, the name escapes me!) were attentive and personable. I was glad to see they were busy with 4473's on two purchases. This is a nice, clean LGS with a personable staff and good customer service. I will definitely be back. This is the kind of place, IMHO, that can serve customers well and provides another quality LGS on the south side.

Expert

User Info Menu

I agree Sean is good people and we need to keep him in business

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I think the young guy in there yesterday is named Travis. He is a super nice young man, very polite and customer service oriented. We chatted about the P365 a good bit and why he moved from the smaller 1911 styled Sig to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I was there this afternoon, went in to see what was up based on INGO comments and the word of former co-workers. I also had the pleasure of taking a motorcycle basic rider course taught by two really effective and personable instructors, and one of them works there part time.

Super nice guy, and they had something I needed in-stock and on display, a magazine for a Sig P938. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but the price was reasonable and I needed one.

I talked for a while with Sean, the owner, and was impressed with what he's done here. Sean and the other guy working there (I apologize, the name escapes me!) were attentive and personable. I was glad to see they were busy with 4473's on two purchases. This is a nice, clean LGS with a personable staff and good customer service. I will definitely be back. This is the kind of place, IMHO, that can serve customers well and provides another quality LGS on the south side.

Plinker

User Info Menu

always good to hear about good new gun shops, especially ones that give good trade prices. most of them stink

Plinker

User Info Menu

Many thanks for the info on this shop. Right down the street from the in-laws. Will make it a point to stop by the next time I'm in the area.

User Info Menu

I stopped in Atkinsons this morning. It's a nice store, knowledgeable, and some nice inventory. Clean and well organized and that's a big plus.
    There's a nice M1 hanging on the wall I wanted but I need to eat this coming month so it's still there.
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

User Info Menu

I will have to stop in and see the shop. It has always been a pet peeve of mine that some shops who have regular customers treat those regular customers like a B****** step child.

With a heck they will be back attitude. Guess what, I don't have to go back,
    Glad to see a shop owner who appreciates customer loyalty. Never really wanted special handling, just treated the same each time, and do not try to steel something I have.

Life Member NRA, NMLRA, member Jackson Lodge #146 Scottish Rite