Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

The non-chlorinated blue can brake cleaner from Walmart has about the exact same contents as the $8 a can gun scrubber and it is $2. Do not use on plastic or wood. Great on metal parts. Switched to a 50/50 blend of Marvels Mystery Oils and Kroil. Tried this after housing Hoppe's and was surprised how much more came out.

User Info Menu

Butchs Bore Shine and Break Free
    "See you on the Range"

User Info Menu

Where firearms?

I use CLP. I suspect the bottle that I have had for almost 20 years will outlast me.
    "Do not overthink it, gentlemen. It's only a gunfight, not an IRS tax audit." - Louis Awerbuck

User Info Menu

Me and WD.

User Info Menu

Hoppes, and CLP.......
    Bushido is all very well in it's way, but it is no match for a 30-06.......Jeff Cooper

User Info Menu

For guns with wood stocks I use CLP or Hoppes #9.

For my ARs or anything else that are pretty much all metal I use brake cleaner.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

I use Butch's Bore Shine. It has a bit of ammonia in it, to tackle copper fouling. Works well for me. If you have serious copper fouling, I have used Sweet's 7.62 solvent. Be forewarned though, Sweet's is loaded with ammonia. Use in a very well ventilated area, or outside, or use SCBA to breathe.
    LCSOSgt11
    "May God protect those when in mortal combat, remember FRONT SIGHT, PRESS.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have been using guerilla for a few years. THE CLP works very well. A friends wife was terrible allergies and he can clean indoors without causing any type reaction.

Expert

User Info Menu

Liberal tears

Master

User Info Menu

Hoppes - original
    CLP- on AR
    If I have to battle any rust speckles from being out in wet weather or on a carry gun I use Rem oil and either a solid copper penny or 0000 steel wool then rub on Flitz with a soft rag and I always wipe down anything blued with a light coat of Rem oil before it goes in the safe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast