Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

What do you clean with?

I apologize if this is in the wrong forumI had a question what is everybody cleaning there Firearms with?

Tried and true hoppes No.9, CLP A certain firearms manufacturers line of cleaning products or something new and completely different.

Certified Bro Shark Ballstater98's Avatar

User Info Menu

I like G96. I know several folks that use Balistol, CLP, or Hoppes. If it's burn rings on a stainless steel revolver cylinder, I use Semichrome Paste.
    Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040; GOA Member #23463299

Plinker

User Info Menu

Gun Scrubber, Kroil, Hoppes9, Slip 2K EWL
    Never ascribe to malice or conspiracy, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity...

User Info Menu

Whatever is in my garage cabinet at the time I feel like my gun needs cleaned. Kroil, Marvel, PB......
    I wonít be wronged, I wonít be insulted, and I wonít be laid a hand on.

User Info Menu

Hoppes, Kroil, Ballistol, Baby wipes, etc, it really depends on the gun and what it is shooting.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Hoppes 9, but Iím currently looking for something different as well.
    -Christopher

User Info Menu

Original Hoppes 9 & Wilson Universal Lube on the 1911s

Hornady 1 shot lube and cleaner on most everything else. Lubricant is whatever I have laying around.

Wipe Out for the bores in the .308s

TW25b in the ARs.

I usually keep a can of rem oil laying around because it is handy.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Hoppes, Kroil, Ballistol, Baby wipes, etc, it really depends on the gun and what it is shooting.
    I agree with this. Most plastic fantastic pistols need very little solvent. Field strip it, wipe the dirty away with a cloth, put a drop of oil here and there and put it back together. Repeat every couple of thousand rounds.

Rimfire's require a little more care due to the dirty ammo and pure lead bullets. But just about any of the above mentioned cleaners work just fine. Even the new non-toxic cleaners are supposed to work good.

If you clean your gun after every range trip, or box of ammo, it's probably too much. Just my 2Ę.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>> www.ingunowners.com/forums/forum-support-suggestions/446735-posting-photos-imgur-ingo.html

Or here for Photobucket https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...-tutorial.html <<<<<<<<<

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

User Info Menu

I've always used Hoppes #9, Gun Scrubber & brake cleaner..
    As far as lubricants go TW-25B, CLP, & militec-1..
    I must have 30 different types of gun oil in the stash or more..

I've always wondered if I used bacon grease & the gun heated up if it'd smell like the breakfast of champions..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    I agree with this. Most plastic fantastic pistols need very little solvent. Field strip it, wipe the dirty away with a cloth, put a drop of oil here and there and put it back together. Repeat every couple of thousand rounds.
    Agreed. I use the pre-moistened oil wipes to make both parts one step, and I have found that all of my centerfire handguns work as they should for a long, long time doing nothing more than this.

Every once in a while I will break out the Hoppe's, but it is rather rare.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast