• ...and so much more!
  • COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    A good friend of mine is being gifted some really excellent high quality custom build guns from his uncle.
    The uncle lives on the east coast so these would be shipped to an FFL.
    Along with custom 1911's, there might be some vintage full auto pieces.
    What would be the best way to move forward without paying through the nose for multiple transfer charges ?

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    Subscribed and interested in responses. I would think it would be worth finding a discrete private gun dealer that is licensed and working with them on an honest discussion/quote.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Get ahold of your FFL holder and let him know what your plan is. I don't know of any issues with the 1911s, however, the full autos will be a different story.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Yeah, find an FFL that is willing to work with you. Most will offer a discounted rate on multiple transfers. Anything NFA is still going to require a $200 permission slip from Uncle Sam.

Ideally, find a shop that can do all the transfers, including the Class III. I'm sure they would work with you.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Your friend needs to find out for sure if there are any NFA items in this deal ASAP. At a minimum, a Form 4 and $200 excise tax fee PER ITEM.

However - if your friend is an heir to a deceased's property - then the NFA items can be transferred without the $200 fee. But that'll require your friend be named specifically in a will - and it'll require waiting until death of the relative.

In short - your buddy needs to talk with a local-to-him shop that deals with NFA items and can get all of this worked out.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    It will actually be TWO $200 fees PER full auto. The first $200 fee will be to transfer it to an Indiana dealer, and the second $200 will be to transfer it to him.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    A good friend of mine is being gifted some really excellent high quality custom build guns from his uncle.
    The uncle lives on the east coast so these would be shipped to an FFL.
    Along with custom 1911's, there might be some vintage full auto pieces.
    What would be the best way to move forward without paying through the nose for multiple transfer charges ?

State lines=FFL.

He needs a licensee. If there is Title II stuff then he needs an SOT. Thus, have your good friend contact an FFL and get it set up.

"Paying through the nose for multiple transfer charges"? Dude, it's Title II, he is going to pay the $200, unless the uncle is dead.

Top Bottom