• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia...milys-home-on-first-night-living-there-report

Ok, I had several questions come to mind, and I think they were in this order.

1. 39 shots? What the hell was he shooting?

2. Why continue "warning" after the first couple shots?

After reading the article and seeing the pictures...

If you're in the basement, and your family is upstairs sleeping...why are you firing "warning" shots at an upward angle toward your family?

I think this guy needs to be charged with wreckless use of a firearm.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    The fight ended after the 12-year-old shoved a wrench into the intruder's neck, WRIC reported.

First off...F*** Yeah! You go kid!!! Nice job.

Next, I have a couple speculations, but that's all they are.

It's possible the guy didn't want to shoot a woman. I have a friend that's this way. Says he probably wouldn't be able to shoot a woman regardless of what she was doing. If he's having doubts just thinking about when he's safe then he'd probably be correct if that time came. Silly, I know. I've tried in the past to talk to him, get some training, etc. He's a gun owner...meaning he owns a gun and that's it.

I can't imagine firing that many shots and NOT trying to hit my target. "Warning shots" are BS anyway, but more than one? WTF? The only thing I can come up with is that he didn't want to have to shoot her and was just trying to drive her out of the house. What other reason could there be?

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Another possible solution, she was his side dish and didn't want to hurt her.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Maybe the warning shots was because of her blue hair so he knew she was not the real devil (like red headed women).

images

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    39 warning shots...inside your own home.

I have questions.

#1 being- what was the weapon?

Related- #2- was a reload (or reloads) involved?

ETA-

This article says it was a handgun:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article232386172.html

Assuming this is accurate ( a dangerous assumption where local news is concerned)....I have more questions.

A newspaper citing the local CBS affiliate on the type of weapon? It could've been belt-fed and they'd call it a handgun (pistol-grip after all.)

Idiot who shot up his own house has a gofundme to cover the costs of fixing the house, that the idiot put there.

After the first miss and the crazy/naked/claiming to be the devil/stranger in your home isn't deterred? Center-mass seems more appropriate than another 38 rounds into the sheet rock.

Thankfully there was a 12 year old with a wrench to put an end to the madness.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That photo of the wall is interesting. It's a stairwell, and kinda looks like someone shooting down the stairs and into the wall. That suggests perhaps the dad was at the top of the stairs, firing shots past the intruder every time they tried to come up?

For cripe's sake, though, after the first reload it's time to shoot the b****. Are you hoping the 31st shot is the one that changes her mind?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Articles and commentary like this is one reason I returned to INGO. Unfortunately, I don't have anything very witty to contribute.

I'm just flabbergast and left wondering if there was a Glock drum involved. In that case, he might have been saving the last 11 shots in case things got really serious.

Well? How was that? Yeah, I didn't think so...:noway:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I think it's been pretty well said, the guy was an idiot who endangered his family and damaged his new home, crazy blue haired person needed to be shot with the first round not missed with the following few dozen.

You have to hand in your man card forever if you waited for your 12yo son to take out the perp as you missed 39 freaking times.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Wonder if he had a Taurus Judge and just made 39 holes with his warning shots.

Doesn't appear to be very bright (from the go fund me and other).

Comment IIRC about losing the home.
    Just because of some damage?

Does sound like side dish stuff, he didn't kill her.............the wife now knows about it...........and the upcoming divorce will force sale of home.

Whole friggin mess sounds like NRA TV meets Jerry Springer.

Top Bottom