• ...and so much more!
  • Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    S[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]henanigans in Fishers....[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]

A federal grand jury has charged brothers Moyad Dannon, 21, and Mahde Dannon, 20, both of Fishers, Indiana, with multiple firearms charges and one count of attempting to provide material support and resources, including firearms, to the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), a designated foreign terrorist organization

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/indiana-residents-indicted-terrorism-and-firearms-charges

[/FONT][SUB][SUP]
    [/SUP][/SUB]
    [/FONT]

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Thank the lord for dumb criminals. Wait...are we missing 2 INGO members? I don't comprehend how a reasonable person could possibly imagine ISIS would be interested in full auto AR's from Indiana when the middle east is afloat in AK's available from street vendors in many places.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thank the lord for dumb criminals. Wait...are we missing 2 INGO members? I don't comprehend how a reasonable person could possibly imagine ISIS would be interested in full auto AR's from Indiana when the middle east is afloat in AK's available from street vendors in many places.

Aye, there's the rub.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

That's pretty much what I was thinking. "UNTRACEABLE" keeps coming up on the local news. Since when do terrorists care? They claim responsibility for their terrorist acts because that's what terrorists do.

"Manufactured". Reading below looks different than what was read on-air. The lower receiver is the only part with a S/N. How were they illegally obtained?

Between July and December of 2018, the brothers allegedly sold illegally-obtained guns to the cooperating individual. The Department of Justice says the brothers also started manufacturing untraceable “ghost guns” by purchasing unserialized firearms parts online and assembling those parts into fully-functioning, .223 caliber, semi-automatic rifles, which they sold to the FBI undercover agent.

Then there's this:

Court documents say in June 2018, Mahde came up with a "scheme" to deliver guns to a convicted felon who was actually cooperating with the FBI. He then got his brother involved and introduced him to the informant.

Hey, I can get a lighter sentence for turning in terrorists. Yeah, it's these two guys in Fishers, yeah that's it!!

https://fox59.com/2019/07/11/fishers-brothers-charged-with-manufacturing-automatic-rifles-for-isis/

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    I am the 'gun guy' in the family- so I immediately reported that there was something 'strange'- when they said the guns were 'untraceable'. I explained how lowers were
    regulated. It was also interesting how they were made 'fully automatic'. Perhaps they got '80%' lowers then milled them out? I need some more detail on those lowers. I have been trying to find some clearer photos.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    It does appear one of them was an aircraft maintenance engineer, so probably pretty mechanical and could work with tools.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Untraceable seems just like a buzz word the media uses to make guns sound scarier. But we can all agree these boys were not the brightest bulbs in the box.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Any old school, or decent machinist could make a full auto gun with no problem, it’s all about the persons intent....,

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. "UNTRACEABLE" keeps coming up on the local news. Since when do terrorists care? They claim responsibility for their terrorist acts because that's what terrorists do.

"Manufactured". Reading below looks different than what was read on-air. The lower receiver is the only part with a S/N. How were they illegally obtained?

Between July and December of 2018, the brothers allegedly sold illegally-obtained guns to the cooperating individual. The Department of Justice says the brothers also started manufacturing untraceable “ghost guns” by purchasing unserialized firearms parts online and assembling those parts into fully-functioning, .223 caliber, semi-automatic rifles, which they sold to the FBI undercover agent.

Then there's this:

Court documents say in June 2018, Mahde came up with a "scheme" to deliver guns to a convicted felon who was actually cooperating with the FBI. He then got his brother involved and introduced him to the informant.

Hey, I can get a lighter sentence for turning in terrorists. Yeah, it's these two guys in Fishers, yeah that's it!!

https://fox59.com/2019/07/11/fishers-brothers-charged-with-manufacturing-automatic-rifles-for-isis/

The Justice Dept. press release linked above only references "fully automatic" rifles.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The Justice Dept. press release linked above only references "fully automatic" rifles.

DoJ semi-auto reference below. A lot more to this than bang or bang-bang-bang-bang... bang. Why the SW border if the weapons are going to the Middle East where there's a crap-ton of AKs already?

Two possibilities, neither is good.

ISIS is here and the weapons were to be used in an attack in the CONUS.

This is Operation Fast and Furious 2

Shortly thereafter, Moyad Dannon accompanied the undercover agent to a location near the U.S. southwest border in an effort to market that rifle, and additional fully-automatic rifles, to a potential buyer. During that trip, Moyad Dannon learned that the potential buyer sought to ship the fully-automatic weapons to a location in the Middle East, where they would be used by ISIS. Despite learning of the ultimate destination of the weapons, the Dannon brothers agreed to manufacture at least 55 additional fully automatic “ghost guns” which they believed would be shipped to the Middle East to ISIS and its members.

Between July 2018 and December 2018, the Dannon brothers sold a number of illegally-obtained firearms to the cooperating individual. Around the same time period, the Dannon brothers also began to manufacture untraceable “ghost guns” by purchasing unserialized firearms parts online and assembling those parts into fully-functioning, .223 caliber, semi-automatic rifles, which they sold to the FBI undercover agent.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/indiana-residents-indicted-terrorism-and-firearms-charges

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Welcome to the vast majority of FBI "terrorism" arrests since 9/11. Demand for terrorism arrests far exceeds actual supply of terrorists, so they use their informant network to create new terrorists to arrest.

"You're looking at some hard time, buddy. Are you sure you don't know some Muslims with some funny ideas?" Virtually none of the "plots" stopped by the FBI would have ever existed in the first place without the informants.

Top Bottom