Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Indiana Residents Indicted on Terrorism and Firearms Charges

Shenanigans in Fishers....

A federal grand jury has charged brothers Moyad Dannon, 21, and Mahde Dannon, 20, both of Fishers, Indiana, with multiple firearms charges and one count of attempting to provide material support and resources, including firearms, to the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS), a designated foreign terrorist organization

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/india...rearms-charges

“We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.” -Archilochus

User Info Menu

Thank the lord for dumb criminals. Wait...are we missing 2 INGO members? I don't comprehend how a reasonable person could possibly imagine ISIS would be interested in full auto AR's from Indiana when the middle east is afloat in AK's available from street vendors in many places.
    Justin B. - "Make them watch Wonder Woman. They'll molon labe after that!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dane View Post
    Thank the lord for dumb criminals. Wait...are we missing 2 INGO members? I don't comprehend how a reasonable person could possibly imagine ISIS would be interested in full auto AR's from Indiana when the middle east is afloat in AK's available from street vendors in many places.

Aye, there's the rub.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spear Dane View Post
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. "UNTRACEABLE" keeps coming up on the local news. Since when do terrorists care? They claim responsibility for their terrorist acts because that's what terrorists do.

"Manufactured". Reading below looks different than what was read on-air. The lower receiver is the only part with a S/N. How were they illegally obtained?

Between July and December of 2018, the brothers allegedly sold illegally-obtained guns to the cooperating individual. The Department of Justice says the brothers also started manufacturing untraceable “ghost guns” by purchasing unserialized firearms parts online and assembling those parts into fully-functioning, .223 caliber, semi-automatic rifles, which they sold to the FBI undercover agent.

Then there's this:

Court documents say in June 2018, Mahde came up with a "scheme" to deliver guns to a convicted felon who was actually cooperating with the FBI. He then got his brother involved and introduced him to the informant.

Hey, I can get a lighter sentence for turning in terrorists. Yeah, it's these two guys in Fishers, yeah that's it!!

https://fox59.com/2019/07/11/fishers...fles-for-isis/
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Something unusual here; must be more than what is exposed.
    NRA - Life

Marksman

User Info Menu

I am the 'gun guy' in the family- so I immediately reported that there was something 'strange'- when they said the guns were 'untraceable'. I explained how lowers were
    regulated. It was also interesting how they were made 'fully automatic'. Perhaps they got '80%' lowers then milled them out? I need some more detail on those lowers. I have been trying to find some clearer photos.

User Info Menu

It does appear one of them was an aircraft maintenance engineer, so probably pretty mechanical and could work with tools.
    “We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.” -Archilochus

Plinker

User Info Menu

Untraceable seems just like a buzz word the media uses to make guns sound scarier. But we can all agree these boys were not the brightest bulbs in the box.

User Info Menu

Any old school, or decent machinist could make a full auto gun with no problem, it’s all about the persons intent....,
    Bushido is all very well in it's way, but it is no match for a 30-06.......Jeff Cooper

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. "UNTRACEABLE" keeps coming up on the local news. Since when do terrorists care? They claim responsibility for their terrorist acts because that's what terrorists do.

"Manufactured". Reading below looks different than what was read on-air. The lower receiver is the only part with a S/N. How were they illegally obtained?

Between July and December of 2018, the brothers allegedly sold illegally-obtained guns to the cooperating individual. The Department of Justice says the brothers also started manufacturing untraceable “ghost guns” by purchasing unserialized firearms parts online and assembling those parts into fully-functioning, .223 caliber, semi-automatic rifles, which they sold to the FBI undercover agent.

Then there's this:

Court documents say in June 2018, Mahde came up with a "scheme" to deliver guns to a convicted felon who was actually cooperating with the FBI. He then got his brother involved and introduced him to the informant.

Hey, I can get a lighter sentence for turning in terrorists. Yeah, it's these two guys in Fishers, yeah that's it!!

https://fox59.com/2019/07/11/fishers...fles-for-isis/
    The Justice Dept. press release linked above only references "fully automatic" rifles.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast