Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Richardson View Post
    You can't fix stupid.
    But they sure sent the idiot back to school
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

User Info Menu

Would have been a better video w shotgun.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STFU View Post
    Was not aware of that change. That is a damn shame.
    LEOs should always have that option available.
    There's been a transition to AR-15s. Out of the blue a year or so ago, my department collected al of our shotguns and sold or traded them off. I still couldn't tell you what was behind that move, but the people that made that decision sit in an office all day.

I'm pretty sure the shotgun is going on the way side state wide. I know ILEA can hardly fill a shotgun instructor class. The last one I helped with only had eight students. There's a wait for the patrol rifle courses.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Don't know if statistics are kept, but it would be interesting to know if the presence of a shotgun pointing at a potential shooter discourages them taking the chance in a draw and shoot situation like this. Granted to win against three trained opponents he would have to have Hollywood speed and accuracy.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

This is a good read.
    I thought this might be a good time to pull it out.

Wyatt Earp on Gunfighting Interview - Abe's Gun Cave
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    There's been a transition to AR-15s. Out of the blue a year or so ago, my department collected al of our shotguns and sold or traded them off. I still couldn't tell you what was behind that move, but the people that made that decision sit in an office all day.

I'm pretty sure the shotgun is going on the way side state wide. I know ILEA can hardly fill a shotgun instructor class. The last one I helped with only had eight students. There's a wait for the patrol rifle courses.
    Isn't it because of the 1997 North Hollywood shootout that most departments got rifles instead of shotguns?

The bad guys had body armor.The cops only 9mm handguns and shotguns.
    They had to go to local gun stores to borrow rifles during the shooting.

User Info Menu

I'm wondering if this whole thing was suicide by cop and the guy was psyching himself up to to make it happen. It's a @#$% to do to the officers responding, trying to goad them into killing you because you don't want to do it to yourself.
    Minimum Government, Maximum Freedom.

User Info Menu

Maybe it was like a gang initiation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

Isn't it because of the 1997 North Hollywood shootout that most departments got rifles instead of shotguns?
    Sylvain has a point.

But I gotta tell ya, if I were a decision maker for a department, I'd let them pack whichever they preferred. Or both, if they wanted.
    I hear They call him Flipper. Yes... yes, I'm serious.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post

The bad guys had body armor.The cops only 9mm handguns and shotguns.
    They had to go to local gun stores to borrow rifles during the shooting.
    I meant my department specifically taking our shotguns despite already having patrol rifles. They didn't trade them in for more rifles, so I have no idea what was behind that move from the bean counters.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast