• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Anyone here have any experience with any lead reclamation companies, MT2 or the like?

They state the potential for returns, but my concern is if the price of recovered materials doesn't exceed their fee. Fees aren't easy to come by since they have to include mileage and trying to figure estimates has left me chasing my tail.

I've sent off for some additional information but I haven't heard anything back yet. It appears that the work is handed down through particular regions throughout the country, so I'm guessing subcontractors.

How much lead do these guys need to pick up before money gets directed back to the land owner?

I heard the Ideal Fish and Game Club outside Churubusco had some work done a year or two ago but I don't have an inside line to get any details or hear how it went.

Anyone know how well this works out?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Remember seeing this work done at the trap range just north of Mt. Comfort airport. It looked like they took up 2 inches or so of sod, separated the lead and then replanted.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    They should come out and test first to see if it is worthwhile. Different companies may have different procedures (or none). A trap range I go to over in Illinois had testing done by a prospective company a few years ago and their results said not enough lead shot had built up yet to make it worthwhile.

Top Bottom