• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wmbraswell2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2019
    COLUMBUS
    Maybe someone has mentioned this idk. But on Facebook my Marketplace is full of people selling "cases". This is merely a loophole through Facebook anti gun beliefs. So what are your thoughts?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I've noticed that too. I believe it is a work around the no selling guns policy.

They show a picture of a "camo case" and tell you to pm for more info and pictures. Assuming they will give you the details and photos of the actual firearm privately.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've noticed that too. I believe it is a work around the no selling guns policy.

They show a picture of a "camo case" and tell you to pm for more info and pictures. Assuming they will give you the details and photos of the actual firearm privately.

The "privately" is the funny part in this statement.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Well, guess that's one way to do it.
    I still remember buying and selling guns on ebay before that ban.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Ive messaged a couple of them, generally in my immediate area they are all overpriced. I dont understand people, I will not pay anywhere close to retail for your used firearm. I also only use marketplace within a 20 mile radius so I ensure that I know the area Im meeting in.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    If "they" wanted the information (I assume you mean some type of government or terrorist group) they could get it far easier than making a facebook marketplace post to find out whatever they want about anyone in the world I would think.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    It’s the same as armslist classifieds that say “pm for details and price” then they send a pic and price of an overpriced firearm. After you’ve contacted 100 cases for sale on FB, it’s like looking at 100 armslist ads for guns you don’t want but it takes days. No thanks.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I think we all know what the real deal is with people selling used guns for more than retail and being cagey about information and making contact: That's the "problematic background" surcharge.

Can't say I'm sad to see people thumbing their noses at Zuck's arbitrary suppression of legal commerce, though.

wmbraswell2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2019
    COLUMBUS
    I recieved this email from a Reporter based on a post in this thread. Think and use what you want with this.

Hi there,

I saw your posts on InGunOwners.com about buying gun cases that contain guns on Facebook Marketplace. Hope you don't mind me reaching out but this is something that I noticed too and have been doing some research on. I asked a few sellers in Atlanta and Dallas and found it was pretty easy to get a rifle for around $800 by searching for gun cases. Have you ever managed to buy a gun this way or do you know anyone that has? Any thoughts on the quality of these guns, or the pros and cons of buying guns this way? Do you think more people are selling guns this way on Facebook Marketplace, than before?

We can keep this confidential.

Many thanks,
    Parmy

He reports for the WALL STREET JOURNAL

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Bad light for you and INGO. He needs an actor for his story, because without an actor it's just a gun in the case and doesn't push the narrative.

Top Bottom