southern indiana friends of the nra event!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    next friday august 2nd is the annual southern indiana friends of the nra event, its at the 4h in Evansville and doors open at 5 and tickets are 100.00 but that gets you dinner, free non alcholic beverages (we do have free beer! but after the second keg floats, it aint free no more, there is a cash bar with mixed drinks and wine!) and the 100 dollar entry fee will get you entered in the chance to win door prizes (everything from ammo, knives, garage door openers, a gun safe, cash, jewelry and more) plus chances a gun!!! (were giving away 10 as door prizes!!!!)

why should you go??? well the friends of the nra is the 501c nonprofit non political branch of the nra, its got nothing to do with politics at all! (so even if you dont believe in what the nra does this event is still for you!), so what do we do you ask? well we raise money for the future of our sport!, 50% of the money we raise go's to national foundation causes like the us olympic shooting sports, eddie eagle gun safety programs, the refuse to be a victim program and so on.

the other 50% stays in indiana and helps things like 4h and boy scout shooting programs, high school shooting teams (we gave 5 thousand each to 2 local schools that started trap teams this year) we give grants to high school archery programs, brownells youth day events are free because of grants from the friends, and this money comes from events like this!!!

there are games, raffles, silent and live auctions and lots of like minded fire arms enthusiasts! one of the raffles im looking forward to is the "atf raffle" we will sell 25 tickets, 100 dollars each (at the event) and the winner will get a bottle of burbon, a box of cigars, and a sig p210 friends of the nra edition (engraved with the friends logo) at the huntingburg auction in the spring they auctioned off the gun, and it went for 1400!.

we will have the "nra wall of guns!" we sell 50 tickets for 20 dollars each, and after we sell 50 tickets, we draw a winner, and that person gets their choice of anything on the wall or 500.00 cash!!! (three years ago, I won a sig sauer p320, and last year a friend won a ruger sp101 in 9mm, and a good friend chose the cash when he won in huntingburg earlier this year!)

that night, over 50 guns will be either won, raffled off, auctioned or given away!

and remember this raises money to help grow our hobby, our sport which is being attacked like never before!, you can help the future of the shooting sports!

we will have tickets at the door, you can get them at Rajo's guns, Impoc guns and Red Ghost Guns (all in the Evansville area) or online at the friends on the nra website https://www.friendsofnra.org/eventtickets/Events/Details/15?eventId=56146

also i have individual tickets for sale pm me!

again I cant stress this enough!!!! the friends of the nra is a 501c non profit organization and non political!!!! not 1 red cent will go to the pockets of anyone!!!!!!

I hope to see you there!!!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    ...and the 100 dollar entry fee will get you entered in the chance to win door prizes (everything from ammo, knives, garage door openers, a gun safe, cash, jewelry and more) plus chances a gun!!! (were giving away 10 as door prizes!!!!)

More accurately, the $100 raffle pack included with your ticket includes one ticket for a gun safe, two tickets for a large cash prize or clay thrower, and 10 raffle tickets which you can choose to enter into any of FIFTEEN guns on the Bonus Raffle. Plus a ton of general raffle, door prizes and games as mentioned.

[STRIKE]I sponsored a table this year and have some extra tickets. I have four Guest tickets for $50.00 each. These do not include raffle packs and are not normally available outside of buying an entire table. If you want to bring your wife/husband/SO, I will sell one regular ticket with raffle pack and one guest ticket (no raffle) for $100 for the pair. This is a $150 value. I only have two pairs like this.[/STRIKE]

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm surprised the NRA has any friends left......

There, I said it

This is the Friends of NRA Foundation. Keep in mind this is not the political wing. this is the group that supports 4-H shooting sports, Boy Scout camps, high school trap & skeet teams, dozens of FREE safety classes for kids, and, oh, the Olympic shooting teams. Put aside whatever vitriol you may feel for Wayne, Chris & Ollie and support a great cause.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    this friday night! tickets are still avaiable! they can be purchased at the door, 100.00 sounds high, but you get a nice filet, free beer (the first 2 kegs) and spend time with like mined firearm enthiusiasts!!!!

and let me sy it again.. not 1 cent will go to the political side of the nra!!!!!!

50% will go nationally and fun things like
    eddie eagle gun safety
    refuse to be a victim
    us Olympic shooting sports
    and so on

the other 50% stays in Indiana and funds things like
    4h shooting
    boy scout shooting
    college and high school shooting
    school archery programs

to reiterate wlp/ila/the board/pacs get nothing from this money! the friends of the nra is a 501c non profit entity!!! this money go's to help grow our hobby/sport, in an age where gun owners are considered "evil" in the media and by government officials, the time/money we (and you) spend on things like banquets and the raffles go back and educate young people on gun safety and the shooting sports

so if you live in southern Indiana, come to our event!, if you cant make it to our event, go to a fnra banquet in your area!

ill be there! i'll be one of the guys wearing a bright green shirt, working a game, selling raffle tickets, helping with the auction, and spending money (and hopefully winning something!)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well Friday night was a blast. With an estimated 450+/- in attendance, lots of people had a great time and won some guns and other prizes. The event opened with lots of games and raffles. The committee members were kept busy running things and we greatly appreciated the additional help from the Huntingburg FNRA committee. Lt. Governor Crouch lead the Pledge of Allegiance before dinner.

Thanks to all who attended but I am disappointed no one took me up on the free tickets. The event ended around 10:30 and we were out of there about midnight. Sadly that meant waking up to the news out of El Paso but it shows that hundreds of gun loving folks of various political backgrounds and beliefs can get together and have a fun and peaceful time.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    woot woot! a good time was had by all!, i got started at 815 in the morning and didnt get to get home till midnight!, as the saying go's i was too tired to sleep!, not sure on total attendance yet, but there were some winners, some loosers, and hopefully lots of happpy people.

one winner was my guest, i gave him a seat at my table, he played the treasure chest game, (it was a deck of cards, we sold the cards for 10 dollars each), my guest bought one, and was picked as the winner! so the treasure was automatic entrys in all the games, and free buckett raffle tickets, and a few other things, and i'll be dammed if he didnt win the egg drop game! and the prize was a nra marked smith and wesson model 60!, then he was picked as a door prize winner too! (i think that was either a henry 22 lever action or a heritage rough rider!)

then we had a "no lose raffle" we sold envelopes, (500 I think) and one had a card that said "winner", 25 had "knife winner" and the rest had a ticket for a grand raffle (it was a side raffle we do that sells 2500 tickets and we picked 3 tickets to win one of 3 22's), and then there was another envelope that had a ticket that said "winner" (so there were 2 "big winners") and it was auctioned off to the highest bidder (it was me) and they had myself and the other winner come up, and we had a coin toss to see who got first choice of either a cmmg 9mm ar pistol, a Kimber micro 9, or a diamond necklace (valued at 2750.00) and I lost the coin toss, so the other person picked the cmmg, which left me with a choice of the Kimber, or the necklace, you should have seen my wifes eyes when I picked the necklace!, happy anniversary! (our first anniversary is on august 18th). the Kimber was then added to the list of raffle items (I did bid on that, but stopped when it bidding went over 500) fyi the necklace was made and donated by a local jeweler who is a great friend of the nra!

when I got to the gun shop the next day, I was told "do you know how many men are pi$$ed at you!" when I asked why? I was told you "you picked the necklace!", so I asked him (the owner of the shop), so I had the choice of a 2750.00 necklace, or a 550.00 Kimber pistol right?...did you hear how much I bid?...the Kimber cost LESS than I bid, and the necklace was worth MORE than the Kimber AND the cmmg combined!... (now had I won the coin toss, I would have picked the cmmg!)

I also was picked as a bucket winner and won a ruger pc9! so after buying the necklace, winning the pc9, buying a few things at silent auction, I'm in the hole, but I believe that the friends of the nra is a worthy charity, and i'll continue to help/donate/buy raffle tickets.

and fyi Evansville is the first fall event heres a link to the coming events.
    https://www.friendsofnra.org/eventtickets/Events/EventsList/15

oh one last thing, if theres anyone from the huntingburg committee on here id like to say thanks again for your help! (they sent 6 people down to help as we were short handed!) even they were winners! 4 of them won guns on the table gun drawing!

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    You put in a lot of time so I can not begrudge you winning. MY story of the night was going up and buying two $100 tickets for the ATF raffle (expensive bourbon, cigars, and a Sig P210), one for me and one for another attendee, and handing him what would become the winning ticket!

Well, there will be next year, and the Twelve Guns of Christmas raffle in December.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    You put in a lot of time so I can not begrudge you winning. MY story of the night was going up and buying two $100 tickets for the ATF raffle (expensive bourbon, cigars, and a Sig P210), one for me and one for another attendee, and handing him what would become the winning ticket!

Well, there will be next year, and the Twelve Guns of Christmas raffle in December.

that's the one I really wanted to win! I was 1 number off! that p210 was beautiful, a real work of art!, I think I would have traded my rifle and necklace both for that pistol!

View attachment 78999

Top Bottom