• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Gun snobs...assemble! It's time to verbally beat down, berate, mock, belittle, and otherwise denigrate all those "normal" people out there who might adjust what they purchase based on monetary limitations.

Those poor......"Poors" just don't get the absolute superiority you achieve by only purchasing the most expensive of everything. And we must remind them of this every opportunity we can.

And for further education, please see our spokesperson below.

[video=youtube;BL0fIHI1-sM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL0fIHI1-sM&list=WL&index=1[/video]

The post and video above may have contained purple lettering. If you agree with the post above, please seek immediate medical attention for being a narcissist or general jerk. If diagnosed with gun-snob-itus, you may find immediate relief in purchasing firearm related items that are exceedingly expensive but offer no improvement in reliability or performance.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    In general, good stuff costs money.
    Not always, but most times.

I like how the anti snobs shoot junk ammo and cheap scopes yet make claims of great targets.
    But then I have also seen some rich guys w great gear, shoot horribly.

Eh, both types keep the range fun.
    Play the middle, shoot..............and when it comes time to change targets watch both come over and get woke.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Guy I know went hunting w gun snob.
    He got his elk
    Snob gave the guy grief because his shot was slightly above center on a 5x5 bull.
    First elk. Not a small 5x5, medium.

The snob had never shot an elk.
    Hope his MkV is rusting in a gun case.

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If one can buy good gear and use it well, so be it.
    Too many of no skill (or manners) think buying top end assures success.
    Saw a guy w a Les Baer, proud as punch.......21 ft couldn't keep em all in the black.

Tells everybody around how great his gun is, how accurate.
    How in the hell would he know?

LOL

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm guilty of being a gun snob....sort of. I see certain firearms and accessories kinda like I see certain grocery items. Some things are good for me that are lower cost and usable but other things I won't skimp on. Toilet paper is one example of something I won't buy cheap. Quality costs buts sometimes you get diminishing returns also. I evaluate the cost to value ratio. Examples: I feel that I get the best value from a used $1200 bushnell elite tactical optic as opposed to a $3500 S&B. I know the S&B is a better optic, but not at 3x the cost. Take bolt action guns for example, I'd never buy an AI at $4k or more cause I can get almost the same performance from a Tikka T3x Tac A1 for $1500. The reverse is true also in that I believe that a Tikka CTR is worth 2x the cost of a Ruger American.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Guy I know went hunting w gun snob.
    He got his elk
    Snob gave the guy grief because his shot was slightly above center on a 5x5 bull.
    First elk. Not a small 5x5, medium.

The snob had never shot an elk.
    Hope his MkV is rusting in a gun case.

When I first got married, I really couldn't afford much, what with a mortgage and little kids, etc. My FIL gave me a 30-40 Krag and the local boys took me up to their favorite camp. Cold as blazes. Got up early and walked around a bit. Saw the first elk on that trip and dropped him with the Krag. Open sights uphill and a couple of hundred yards away.

I never make fun of what a guy carries with him. We make do with what resources we have.

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    If one can buy good gear and use it well, so be it.
    Too many of no skill (or manners) think buying top end assures success.
    Saw a guy w a Les Baer, proud as punch.......21 ft couldn't keep em all in the black.

Tells everybody around how great his gun is, how accurate.
    How in the hell would he know?

LOL

His gun is accurate, his aim is not.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I first got married, I really couldn't afford much, what with a mortgage and little kids, etc. My FIL gave me a 30-40 Krag and the local boys took me up to their favorite camp. Cold as blazes. Got up early and walked around a bit. Saw the first elk on that trip and dropped him with the Krag. Open sights uphill and a couple of hundred yards away.

I never make fun of what a guy carries with him. We make do with what resources we have.

I've got a Krag sporter and it's one of my favorite guns to shoot. I think it would make an excellent deer (or elk) rifle. Action is smooth as butter. I actually like it better than my Enfields.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    So, if we own any of those we are snobs?

Nope, simply mentioning those brands bring out the snobs. "That gun is garbage" or "you should buy a ***" with *** being some brand in the 600-2000 dollar range.

Mostly kidding around here. (I own all of those brands along with some SIG's and HK's etc.)

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    One of my dad's old friends used to say, "It's either all he wants or all he can afford". They were referencing street rods but it applies to a lot of things.

Top Bottom