• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Anyone catch the KEN BURNS series on prohibition on PBS? it petty much lays out what the progressives did then and what they can do now to change or add amendments to the Constitution of the USA.Scary stuff , more or less forcing congress men to vote their way or loose their jobs. they had a large number of voters that been hoodwinked into believing that all alcohol drinking was intolerable in a modern society and caused terrible crimes .
    sound like today's news
    They were sure that NO amendment could be removed from the Constitution once in place,It was amazing how many people lost jobs and incomes due to this law and how it started the rise and branch out of crime
    IT is a series that should be watched and compare it to what is happening now

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...IT is a series that should be watched and compare it to what is happening now

Haven't seen it but I assume you are saying they could or are attempting to do it with guns.

They seem to be going the other way with marijuana and a few other drugs.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Yes, I watched it and enjoyed it.

What I took away from it is this; don't mess with the Constitution beyond the Bill of Rights. The 18th Amendment pretty much gave us the 19th, sadly. And, let's be honest, the 18th Amendment is a big factor in the stripping away of our firearm rights. Not that women should not have the right to vote, they should, but liberal women voting is the bane of the Second Amendment, and I don't see that changing, look to the current female "hot properties" in our Congress for proof.

Scary.

Top Bottom