Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gun refinishing

User Info Menu

Looks pretty dang good to me
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

I see not a dang thing wrong with what you are doing. Love it.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1775usmarine View Post
    Picked up a 311 12ga from a member here as I have a 20 and 16 from my great grandfather. It needs some work but will refinish the stock and have it torn down to the bare reciever to refinish. Got the parts I needed to repair it but I wouldn't trust myself to reblue it.
    It isn't hard. I did a 530A last week. Shotguns are the easiest to re-blue, the metal takes it up like it is thirsty for it.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

Plinker

User Info Menu

That looks really good, I llike the use of the tung oil for that hand rubbed look.
    The older I get, the better I used to be....

User Info Menu

Good looking work!
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Plinker

User Info Menu

Wow, that looks great!

I have my grandfather's 22 single shot bolt gun. I may need to pick up a Blue Wonder kit and create a winter project.
    Never ascribe to malice or conspiracy, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity...

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jwamplerusa View Post
    Wow, that looks great!

I have my grandfather's 22 single shot bolt gun. I may need to pick up a Blue Wonder kit and create a winter project.
    If it has that dark patina on it you must get it off with the Scotchbrite pad first or it will show through the blue. Proper metal preparation is the largest part of it.

Get a $20-$40 beater rifle or shotgun and play with the take down to metal and bluing and see how easy it is. It gets rid of the nerves and builds confidence.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have an old single shot .22LR that would benefit from this, would be a great winter project.
    Looks good!

User Info Menu

I refinished an old Iver Johnson .410 that my grandfather gave me before he passed. It needed some love. I sanded the wood and refinished the stock, and I reblued the metal. I still shoot it regularly. Nothing wrong with sprucing up an old gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

User Info Menu

“patiently” awaiting delivery of my tube of
    BLUWONDER ... we lost the dehumidifier last year and all i have been doing since is crying when i opened the safe .... anxious to try this and see if all is not lost !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast