• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Looks like the Dayton shooter used an AR pistol equipped with a +/- 14" barrel and a shockwave brace. Also used a 100 drum magazine.

Just more legal equipment that will be demonized because of a deranged individual.

0SBjWq7.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Looks like the Dayton shooter used an AR pistol equipped with a +/- 14" barrel and a shockwave brace. Also used a 100 drum magazine.

Just more legal equipment that will be demonized because of a deranged individual.

0SBjWq7.jpg

Hang tight....there will be some ingotarians along to explain to you that such things are "novelties", "range toys", etc. and that defense against restrictions and/ or bans of such "accessories" is not worth concerning yourself.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hang tight....there will be some ingotarians along to explain to you that such things are "novelties", "range toys", etc. and that defense against restrictions and/ or bans of such "accessories" is not worth concerning yourself.
    Not this one. Although, having a 75 round AK drum magazine and having used it exactly once (at the range), I doubt I will ever use it again. Too much of a pain in the ass to load to make it practical. Call me old fashioned.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I've had lots of things that are "range toys". 100 rounds drums, happy sticks, binary triggers, BUMP STOCKS, 7.5" AR SBRs. They still fall under "shall not be infringed" and that didn't stop Trump nor would it stop Dems.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    If I am not mistaken magazines over 30 rounds are already illegal in Ohio. So the shooter should have never had one. As far as AR pistols are concerned, it doesn’t look like it had an adjustable stock which the banners maintain make guns more accurate and dangerous. My prediction is they will focus on the fact that it was an AR and it had a high capacity magazine.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Agree with Vert. People who know what they are looking at will notice it, but the normal citizen will not.
    Ohio law limits 30 +1 in the gun from what I read. 31 is apparently the magic number. I thought they had changed that a couple years back to where Glock happy sticks and the like were legal, but I have not found any evidence to that yet.
    **Edit** The 2014 bundle of gun laws that went into effect in March of 2015 did away with the mag capacity limits and was the set of laws that expanded CCW reciprocity to include Indiana.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Won't be long before the Trump, at the suggestion of the NRA, orders the justice department to make them illegal.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Agree with Vert. People who know what they are looking at will notice it, but the normal citizen will not.
    Ohio law limits 30 +1 in the gun from what I read. 31 is apparently the magic number. I thought they had changed that a couple years back to where Glock happy sticks and the like were legal, but I have not found any evidence to that yet.
    **Edit** The 2014 bundle of gun laws that went into effect in March of 2015 did away with the mag capacity limits and was the set of laws that expanded CCW reciprocity to include Indiana.

Good to know. I don’t really keep up with laws in other states unless they directly apply to me.

So trump is asking for stronger background checks. There goes the right to sell to a individual without a background check.

Interesting. The New York Times was bashing The Don just a couple of hours ago saying that he was holding up a good background check bill. Well Trump and the Republican Senate. Apparently the Times thinks there is massive bipartisan support for such measures. No I don’t have the link, this stuff pops up on my phone, I skim it, I move on. But I don’t think it is something most people want and what they are complaining about, gun shows and internet sales, already require background checks.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Interesting. The New York Times was bashing The Don just a couple of hours ago saying that he was holding up a good background check bill. Well Trump and the Republican Senate. Apparently the Times thinks there is massive bipartisan support for such measures. No I don’t have the link, this stuff pops up on my phone, I skim it, I move on. But I don’t think it is something most people want and what they are complaining about, gun shows and internet sales, already require background checks.[/QUOTE]

But so long as they pound the gun shows and internet sales as a "loop hole" they seem to gain support from people who know nothing about guns or guns laws. The msm isn't concerned with getting the facts out, just interviewing politicians who are on/want to be on the next ballot. More stupid gets spewed as fact and the sheep are none the wiser

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    As suspected, the shooter appears to have been another nut job with all the tell tale signs that were ignored or not required to be reported to a database usable by the NICS.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dayton-ohio-shooting-suspect-hit-list

Exactly. I hear more chatter in the media about the weapon than I do his mental history. With a history of making hit lists and a list of girls he wanted to assualt this particular guy should not have had access to a weapon.

Top Bottom