• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    My NRA membership expired a long time ago. I never bothered renewing.

I went to the site today to consider it, and through the chat was offered a $750 lifetime membership (50% off) $25/mo for 30 Months, or a $100 5y membership.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I wouldn't give them a dime until they clean house. W.L.P needs to go.

Last I heard, only 10% of the money they were given went to pro-gun stuff. The rest ended up in pockets of those buddies and their wives.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011

Last I heard, only 10% of the money they were given went to pro-gun stuff. The rest ended up in pockets of those buddies and their wives.

It's why I haven't renewed for so long..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We were considering the life memberships at one time but with all the BS that has come to light they are in the same trash file as the Red Cross.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    OK. This is very interesting.

What makes it interesting is that we have not heard much rhetoric like this. I'd have to say the majority of what I have read (which is not allot) does not increase my desire to turn my back on the NRA. Why am I not hearing from North or others who are making these clams? Sadly, individuals are turning their back at a time when it is probably needed most; the the anti-gunners see this as a great opportunity. Those who are leaving the NRA are actually being praised by those who want our guns to be taken.

My concern is the fact that individuals are actually turning their back when they are needed the most. I am not belittling the fact that improvements may be needed, I am just saying let's make what we have even stronger. The GOA dn such are fine organizations that I support, however, the NRA is a powerhouse that is a huge benefit.

I am a firm believer we don't turn our backs on family, friends (and others) when the going gets tough. The obstacles we face should make us stronger. I still support the NRA.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

It costs allot of money to be a huge lobbyist group in DC. Many times there are no immediate noticeable fruits of the labor.

I guess by the same standards, you refuse to vote in any general election?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What makes it interesting is that we have not heard much rhetoric like this. I'd have to say the majority of what I have read (which is not allot) does not increase my desire to turn my back on the NRA. Why am I not hearing from North or others who are making these clams? Sadly, individuals are turning their back at a time when it is probably needed most; the the anti-gunners see this as a great opportunity. Those who are leaving the NRA are actually being praised by those who want our guns to be taken.

My concern is the fact that individuals are actually turning their back when they are needed the most. I am not belittling the fact that improvements may be needed, I am just saying let's make what we have even stronger. The GOA dn such are fine organizations that I support, however, the NRA is a powerhouse that is a huge benefit.

I am a firm believer we don't turn our backs on family, friends (and others) when the going gets tough. The obstacles we face should make us stronger. I still support the NRA.

I have read that again. And I fell asleep after. This is all running pretty deep right now.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The nra is calling for more gun control following this weekends gun play. The ila statement seems to be red flag support/ mental health evaluation. They get no money.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    Lady called me today from Akron OH and ragged on me for money. I'm already a member and she wanted more and more. I finally hung up on her and I probably done with the NRA until they drain their swamp

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

Not sure how much of this I can believe. Stories are coming out from all sides now. Check the by line.

Scott L. Bach is an NRA Board Member and is Executive Director of the Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs. Email: defendfreedom@earthlink.net

KWIndy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2019
    IN
    The nra is calling for more gun control following this weekends gun play. The ila statement seems to be red flag support/ mental health evaluation. They get no money.

This....

Mine expired last year and I did not renew.

Top Bottom