Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Marksman Backpacker's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Wonder Hoodies and bullet proof backpacks

    I saw the CBS 4 news covering a story about " Wonder Hoodies and bullet proof backpacks" Kid size hoodies are $450. The article linked below states specs "Meets NIJ IIIA standards for bulletproofing" weighs 4 to 9 pounds.

    Are the sheeple parents really expecting;
    1) the kids will wear these
    2) their kids are protected against mass shootings?


    https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...tproof-hoodie/

  2. #2
    Plinker Karl-just-Karl's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    1) Some parents (if not most) are willing to try to protect their children at any cost.
    2) Someone is going to try and profit if a market is present.

  3. #3
    Grandmaster WebSnyper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl-just-Karl View Post
    1) Some parents (if not most) are willing to try to protect their children at any cost.
    2) Someone is going to try and profit if a market is present.
    And that's capitalism. Not a bad thing to let the market bring products/solutions people are willing to pay for. I'm sure someone will mention the word privilege, etc, especially in the vein of personal safety, etc, but same can be said of having the $ to purchase a firearm, etc. There is a cost and priorities, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

  4. #4
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Backpacker View Post
    I saw the CBS 4 news covering a story about " Wonder Hoodies and bullet proof backpacks" Kid size hoodies are $450. The article linked below states specs "Meets NIJ IIIA standards for bulletproofing" weighs 4 to 9 pounds.

    Are the sheeple parents really expecting;
    1) the kids will wear these
    2) their kids are protected against mass shootings?


    https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...tproof-hoodie/
    Most parents complain because their kids' backpacks are so heavy from having to carry their books home for homework. Wonder how they'd react to hoodies or backpacks with AR-500 plates in them.

    I had to take my books home too when I was a kid. And we didn't even have no stinkin' backpacks! We had to keep that pile of books tucked under our little arms! Not to mention walking to and from school barefoot in the snow... uphill both ways.

  5. #5
    Grandmaster MCgrease08's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    There was a vendor selling this kind of stuff at NRAAM this year and I stopped in the booth to chat. Once of the things they had that I couldn't understand was a rifle bag that accepted armor plates.

    I asked the sales guy if he thought a mass shooter would target a gun range or some other place where folks were likely to be carrying rifle bags. And if so, wouldn't one just remove their rifle and shoot back?

    It just seemed so gimmicky to me. Now for use at a public range to protect one's self from other folks on the line that can't seem to keep their muzzle down range? There might be a use case there.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

  6. #6
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    I saw the news story too, they said it would not stop a rifle round. At best I would hope it would slow it enough and minimize damage.

  7. #7
    Grandmaster CPT Nervous's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KWIndy View Post
    I saw the news story too, they said it would not stop a rifle round. At best I would hope it would slow it enough and minimize damage.
    If it's NIJ IIIA, then it's not going to slow down any centerfire rifle round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    I'm picturing you curbstomping yourself, ala Fight Club. All while yelling, "don't worry ma'am, he'll leave you alone after this."
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you want a real vintage denim hat, you'll probably have to push a hipster off his fixed gear bicycle and, while he's collecting his PBR cans, grab it off his head and run.

  8. #8
    Expert NKBJ's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Protect their kids? That's easy.
    All they have to do is reject the satanic culture and go back to Christ.
    If they want to stick with rot then rot they got.

    Will they? Not.

  9. #9
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by CPT Nervous View Post
    If it's NIJ IIIA, then it's not going to slow down any centerfire rifle round.

    They didn't say what they were. The media has no clue, they just wanted to get the story out there and move on to the next one as usual.
    I don't have little ones anymore but I think I would consider something like this depending on their age if only to make them feel a little safer. I realize the effectiveness is limited but so is carrying a 6 round .380 in my pocket - but it still makes me "feel" a little safer.

  10. #10
    Marksman Backpacker's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KWIndy View Post
    They didn't say what they were.....
    Read the link I provided. The article has a list of specifications.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge