Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ltch question

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

If she does get denied, and I don't think she will, then her fees would be refunded.

In Indiana being a "shall issue" state, she must be disqualified to be denied.
    Actaeon77 provided the quidelines.
    As long as your girlfriend has no felony "convictions", then she should be good to go.

There is a good possibility that your local sheriff or police chief may say no, but that means nothing.
    The state police have the last say, and as I stated, they "shall issue", unless given a legal reason not to.
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

User Info Menu

Answer all questions truthfully on the form.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bmmyers08 View Post
    Thanks for the list of requirements!!!
    Don't trust random voices on the internet.
    Even mine.
    Verify.

Indiana code is online.

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

Actaeon - act'-tee-on

User Info Menu

A person who finds it acceptable to pull a person out a window in which to kick her ass should not be strutting around with a gun on their person.

Also in that list of requirements she seems like she would fail at point 6.
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'd talk to a lawyer, given that it was 17 years ago and was a misdemeanor, i would they she could get approved. But im not an expert on all of the laws that could apply.

User Info Menu

What does she look like?
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post

6. does not have documented evidence which would give rise to a reasonable belief that the person has a propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct;

It sounds like #6 might stop her, even without the conviction being a felony.

User Info Menu

It might.
    But one occurrence years ago might not.

Actaeon - act'-tee-on

KLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    It might.
    But one occurrence years ago might not.
    I'd say should not.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

I'm no lawyer, that being said.....she pulled someone through a "drive through window" just to beat her up. It was "almost" a felony charge against a minor, but since there was only 1 year difference, that felony charge was dropped.

I personally do not care if she gets her carry or not. My concern is that people still laugh after 20 years. What should be a serious learning opportunity for her and others has apparently turned into joke! I quote, "But now almost 20 years later...what do u do other than laugh about it."

There are some (many) life's lessons that should never become funny. That is one problem with society today, after time, people laugh at what should remain serious.

Hey, remember that time I pulled that chick through the drive through window just to beat her up? Remember that, man was that ever funny! What was even cooler is that it was only a misdemeanor! Go figure! Boy, those were the days! HA-HA-HA

BTW, I wonder if that victim is laughing today!
    Last edited by Ziggidy; 08-11-2019 at 08:02.
    NRA - Life

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast