Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Ltch question

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bmmyers08 View Post
    Obviously u donít know the entire story. But the victim was no victim. She just finally met someone who wasnít scared. And no one involved didnít learn anything. Obviously it is and always will be a learning and now teaching point for ourselves and others.

Some of u guys have serious sticks crammed way up there. The crime itself was only posted so that people who might be able to help with whether or not the battery charge would prevent a carry license. But thank you for making it clear that you can not post any mistakes or extra information with out being lectured.

Id hate to know what some of you who feel so righteous might have done in your pasts that would have prevented some of the things that u are now allowed to do that you wouldnít have been able to had you been caught.

This is post was simply to ask for help in a somewhat grey area. I know people that have done worse that have their carry license but never got caught or simply knew someone to get them out of it.

If if we were all perfect and never did wrong none of us would ever feel the need to carry in the first place.
    To gain a little perspective, with out sharing my own opinion. I read the OP to my gf. Curious to see what she would say.

Her first comment was "sure 'their friend' that typically means they are asking for themselves. But either way they probably should carry a gun"

I went on to read all the posters responses to her.
    I hadnt given any thought about the OP being about the poster.

But this response reads a bit differently. You seem to get defensive, and all of a sudden have a little more insight, and your attitude shifts a bit.

Almost seems like you are the one that assaulted the person.
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

User Info Menu

Ive asked dumb **** for friends plenty of times and it wasn't for me.
    I can't assume this person is asking for themselves. We have to give people some credit to start. All good friends would defend their friend.
    Also the comments about the person that committed that crime finding it funny years later missed a big something. It wasnt that person trying to get the LTCH that said that was it? No. It was their friend the OP, trying to make an awkward joke about an awkward and unacceptable situation. So the person that's had to live with the consequences of their actions isn't the one that probably finds it funny.

Ive seen people here on ingo who already have their LTCH and firearms make lots of dumb and unsafe remarks about firearms.
    Its their right to own them regardless. If they break the law or the 4 rules they will pay the consequences.
    CASH 4 GUITARS & AMPS. Fender & Gibson. PM me.
    NRA Patron Life Member

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljesus View Post
    A person who finds it acceptable to pull a person out a window in which to kick her ass should not be strutting around with a gun on their person.

Also in that list of requirements she seems like she would fail at point 6.
    That any of us could pass the litmus test of never ever ever making a life changing mistake at a young age is pretty far fetched. Actually it is a real long stretch. Our life paths are so different that to judge others from our perspective is sometimes off.
    Granted pulling someone out the drive through is not something to laugh at but I for one want to know more before I judge her. Never know what the beat down was about and what really led up to it.

That said if it is a misdemeanor she should clear the hurdles.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljesus View Post
    A person who finds it acceptable to pull a person out a window in which to kick her ass should not be strutting around with a gun on their person.

Also in that list of requirements she seems like she would fail at point 6.
    Doesn't it depend on the circumstances as well as how much time has elapsed? I think it does.

Thanks for the visual, BTW! I'm going to strut around today.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4