Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Brace Ban

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    There is. I know a few folks never in the military that have been diagnosed with PTSD. And it explains some of their behaviors.
    Yeah, things like losing your family in a fire, surviving a predatory, violent assault, and a host of other things can all cause serious issues.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Yeah, things like losing your family in a fire, surviving a predatory, violent assault, and a host of other things can all cause serious issues.
    Yes sir. Repeated near death medical issues is anther and the cause I am aware of.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Yes sir. Repeated near death medical issues is anther and the cause I am aware of.
    Indeed.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    While the diagnosis may be attributable to soldiers and combat, the condition is not exclusive to military and warfare. There is plenty of life-altering trauma to go around in the civilian world.
    A good friend of mine was having a really tough time after his second parent passed, then shortly thereafter got dumped by his GF. After my urging him, he eventually sought some therapy. I don't know who or how qualified the therapist he went to was, but I was a bit shocked to hear my friend say he was diagnosed with PTSD.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

PTSD is simply elevated stress brought on by a traumatic event. Literally could be anything, there is no standard for individuals ability to cope with different events. Military made it mainstream. It's not always permanent often times it's transitory.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    PTSD is simply elevated stress brought on by a traumatic event. Literally could be anything, there is no standard for individuals ability to cope with different events. Military made it mainstream. It's not always permanent often times it's transitory.
    Brother I hope it is transitory. It is effecting some one I care about.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Expert

User Info Menu

I read about a college student who did not qualify for any government funding. So, he got a doctor to diagnose him with PTSD as seperation anxiety from being away from his parents. THEN he qualified for all king of government grants.
    With so many places beating dicks I think it's gonna hurt dicks bad.

User Info Menu

Bumpstocks have been described as a toy and in my mind they are. But even toys get scrutinized these days.
    I am not one to say let them have this and they will leave that alone. They are on a well defined path with a very well laid out end game. We all know what it is.

That crazy orange man is leaning towards the real issues in this (Mental Health) is a positive.
    I agree. Same with TRUE high cap (60-100+) round mags. Those crazy big drum mags are highly unreliable and lots of reports that they jam frequently. Definitely no real tactical value IMHO. (I'm sure others may disagree) I'll take 3 30s over a 100 drum, personally.

Still, I dont trust my govt to not creep beyond those toys, so I dont support an actual ban on them. First its true high cap mags. Then a little while later they will decide it didnt work, so maybe they need to expand them to 30 round mags... lather rinse repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    I agree. Same with TRUE high cap (60-100+) round mags. Those crazy big drum mags are highly unreliable and lots of reports that they jam frequently. Definitely no real tactical value IMHO. (I'm sure others may disagree) I'll take 3 30s over a 100 drum, personally.

Still, I dont trust my govt to not creep beyond those toys, so I dont support an actual ban on them. First its true high cap mags. Then a little while later they will decide it didnt work, so maybe they need to expand them to 30 round mags... lather rinse repeat.
    Read the sentence following the highlighted red. I totally agree with you.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post

My surefire mags are fine. My buddies Schmeisser 60s were running good too. Toys are air soft.

Bumpstocks only got banned because a psycho demonstrated they actually were effective in a suppressive fire role...

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast