Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 327

Thread: Brace Ban

  1. #31
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
    If the R's maintain the Senate and a D takes the White House, it seems that the R's are more apt to stonewall ANY talk of taking guns rights away...even an inch. Currently, we are hearing R's give in to SOME restrictions because Trump seems to like the idea. These same R's would likely hold fast against a D President. What do I know...
    I think you're right, Repubs and Dems both ultimately only care about keeping their seats. Like when Obama was in office the Repubs seemed more willing to fight on conservative issues. It may end up being better for 2a to vote a Democrat president into office and a Republican into the house/senate. Forces Republicans to act more Republican if they get to play up the resistance narrative.

  2. #32
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    My point was that your 'choices/decisions/votes' have consequences. I tell my teenage sons that you 'have choices' but you choose to accept the consequences of your choices- good or bad. "You can choose to do that, but you also choose to accept the consequences of your decision." And being a Father, sometimes that may not be what they want.

    Same with R's, we've been down this road... If they hose the 2A voters, what do we do, keep voting them in and take it? Thanks, may I have another.

    Be responsible to your constituents. Not the mob or whoever is yelling the loudest. Now that's a novel idea.

  3. #33
    Expert BigRed's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    There are more than 2 teams

    Well, let's see......

    There is the party of state. It likes to call itself "The Democrat Party" or "The Republican Party" depending upon the circumstances.

    What are the others?
    Last edited by BigRed; 08-13-2019 at 12:20.

  4. #34
    Master Ziggidy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Ok. How will a night of losses help our cause if the left takes full control. This is a terrible catch 22 for us all and I see the issues very clearly “But”
    How will putting the Billery’s Bernie’s and Beto’s in charge help. They will waste zero time going full AWB on us. And please do not say this is a protest thing because nobody in power cares. It is what they want.

    Now what do we do.
    +1
    NRA - Life

  5. #35
    Grandmaster WebSnyper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
    If the R's maintain the Senate and a D takes the White House, it seems that the R's are more apt to stonewall ANY talk of taking guns rights away...even an inch. Currently, we are hearing R's give in to SOME restrictions because Trump seems to like the idea. These same R's would likely hold fast against a D President. What do I know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    I think you're right, Repubs and Dems both ultimately only care about keeping their seats. Like when Obama was in office the Repubs seemed more willing to fight on conservative issues. It may end up being better for 2a to vote a Democrat president into office and a Republican into the house/senate. Forces Republicans to act more Republican if they get to play up the resistance narrative.
    I'm fine with gridlock. The legislative branch seems to think passing legislation is a good thing. I generally think new laws are a bad thing, unless they are repealing some previously passed restriction of my rights, etc.

    I agree, when things are divided and gridlock is happening, we can often be better of as citizens than when misguided legislation from either side is passing into law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

  6. #36
    Master Ziggidy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    My fear if we turned our backs on the GOP and became apathetic, did not vote or vote for the enemy; well my fear is we will not get another chance to save what little we have left. The socialists have already declared what they want to do; take from "us". Take everything, guns, money, healthcare, education and such. They want to control it all and I believe if they get into power, they will forever change this country. Like or not, Trump is our best option. Like it or not, voting for the opposition or not voting at all will result in failure.

    We are faced with changes unlike ever before. Childish individuals who will not support the GOP because they do not get 100% of their way are actually turning their back on the rest of us who support the 2A and America. Just like the left has slowly taken away our freedoms, we must slowly regain them. Winning one election will not change anything; however, losing one at this point in time, is beyond critical.

    We are at war....you win some battles and lose some - but ever give up or turn your back on what made us great; otherwise we all lose - the war.
    NRA - Life

  7. #37
    Expert Ggreen's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    R losses won't effect gun legislation. They have proven over and over the last 3 years to aid gun control measures. They grandstand and twist words to keep their base calm. R or D, it's the same thing.

  8. #38
    Plinker Karl-just-Karl's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Not to take this farther off the rails then it has already gone, but I guess I'm going to do it anyway...

    When confronted by anti-gun people I have just started advocating holding a Constitutional Convention.

    Let us do away with the ambiguity, the questioning, the SCOTUS that won't/can't make a ruling to silence the Anti-2A crowd.

    Do we (as a nation) repeal the right to bear firearms or not? It is probably an oversimplification. If the amendment passes then we follow the law and surrender our firearms under threat of the penalty of law. If the amendment does not pass then the question is answered and the Anti-2A folks can suck it up.

    If nothing else it sure would be interesting to watch! I'm probably too overconfident that the amendment would never even come close to passing.

  9. #39
    Grandmaster WebSnyper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl-just-Karl View Post
    Not to take this farther off the rails then it has already gone, but I guess I'm going to do it anyway...

    When confronted by anti-gun people I have just started advocating holding a Constitutional Convention.

    Let us do away with the ambiguity, the questioning, the SCOTUS that won't/can't make a ruling to silence the Anti-2A crowd.

    Do we (as a nation) repeal the right to bear firearms or not? It is probably an oversimplification. If the amendment passes then we follow the law and surrender our firearms under threat of the penalty of law. If the amendment does not pass then the question is answered and the Anti-2A folks can suck it up.

    If nothing else it sure would be interesting to watch! I'm probably too overconfident that the amendment would never even come close to passing.
    I'm of the mind that cracking open the Constitution these days would be a bad thing. I see no gain for 2A supporters in doing so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

  10. #40
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    I'm of the mind that cracking open the Constitution these days would be a bad thing. I see no gain for 2A supporters in doing so...
    In that what Green said yes, R/D is hard to see much of a difference in this political climate.
    There are so many enemy's of the doctrines that got all of this started oh so many years ago. To open it up to its enemy's and the forces they control could be very very ugly.

    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge