Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 327

Thread: Brace Ban

  1. #41
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    R losses won't effect gun legislation. They have proven over and over the last 3 years to aid gun control measures. They grandstand and twist words to keep their base calm. R or D, it's the same thing.
    I can not put up any logical argument here.

    But, what where is this other team you speak of. Just curious.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  2. #42
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggidy View Post
    My fear if we turned our backs on the GOP and became apathetic, did not vote or vote for the enemy; well my fear is we will not get another chance to save what little we have left. The socialists have already declared what they want to do; take from "us". Take everything, guns, money, healthcare, education and such. They want to control it all and I believe if they get into power, they will forever change this country. Like or not, Trump is our best option. Like it or not, voting for the opposition or not voting at all will result in failure.

    We are faced with changes unlike ever before. Childish individuals who will not support the GOP because they do not get 100% of their way are actually turning their back on the rest of us who support the 2A and America. Just like the left has slowly taken away our freedoms, we must slowly regain them. Winning one election will not change anything; however, losing one at this point in time, is beyond critical.

    We are at war....you win some battles and lose some - but ever give up or turn your back on what made us great; otherwise we all lose - the war.
    Could vote libertarian. Republicans are taking us down the wrong road at a slightly slower pace. To keep buying this lesser of 2 evils bs is to continue down the wrong road.
    Or do you think Republicans are going to suddenly turn it around?

  3. #43
    Expert STFU's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    I think you're right, Repubs and Dems both ultimately only care about keeping their seats. Like when Obama was in office the Repubs seemed more willing to fight on conservative issues. It may end up being better for 2a to vote a Democrat president into office and a Republican into the house/senate. Forces Republicans to act more Republican if they get to play up the resistance narrative.
    This is spot on. When O was in office, we got looser on gun control. The "assault weapons ban" expired and the dems could not get it re-upp'd.
    45 has proven over and over that he is not pro 2A. Lest we forget the whole "take the guns first, due process later," next was the bump stock ban, now pistol braces. He is just a RINO lining his pockets and fleecing the US while screwing up the economy.

    There is an old saying: "All politics is local." VERY true. If we don't elect who we need locally, our voices NEVER get heard at the top levels.
    Just my $.29 ($.02 adjusted for inflation)
    Stamp collecting is fun!

  4. #44
    Grandmaster WebSnyper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by STFU View Post
    This is spot on. When O was in office, we got looser on gun control. The "assault weapons ban" expired and the dems could not get it re-upp'd.
    45 has proven over and over that he is not pro 2A. Lest we forget the whole "take the guns first, due process later," next was the bump stock ban, now pistol braces. He is just a RINO lining his pockets and fleecing the US while screwing up the economy.

    There is an old saying: "All politics is local." VERY true. If we don't elect who we need locally, our voices NEVER get heard at the top levels.
    Just my $.29 ($.02 adjusted for inflation)
    Didn't AWB expire in 2004? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assaul..._United_States
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

  5. #45
    Expert STFU's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    Ah, you are correct. I am just remembering all of the FAILED fights to get it reinstated after Sandy Hook.
    As a matter of fact, O was good for gun owners even though he was portrayed as the guy who was going to take all of our guns. He could not get squat passed on gun control:
    https://www.thoughtco.com/obama-gun-laws-passed-by-congress-3367595

    Again, all politics is local.
    Stamp collecting is fun!

  6. #46
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    Could vote libertarian. Republicans are taking us down the wrong road at a slightly slower pace. To keep buying this lesser of 2 evils bs is to continue down the wrong road.
    Or do you think Republicans are going to suddenly turn it around?
    Have you seen the people that are libertarian candidates.........
    There is nothing solid there. So much needs to be done in that arena. So much.

    I hate the whole lesser of 2 evils thing but it is the truth we seem to be stuck with. I can not remember voting for someone I actually wanted to be President since Ronnie and he had his issues.
    Last edited by churchmouse; 08-13-2019 at 14:26.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  7. #47
    Master Ziggidy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    Could vote libertarian. Republicans are taking us down the wrong road at a slightly slower pace. To keep buying this lesser of 2 evils bs is to continue down the wrong road.
    Or do you think Republicans are going to suddenly turn it around?
    No, the GOP will not suddenly turn it around, no one will. Voting a 3rd party at this time is certainly not going to help at all, at least now. At this time we need to rebuild slowly, just as we have been taken down the socialism path, slowly. If we can maintain majority, maintain control then the conservatives, constitutionalists and such can become stronger. It is not until we gain back some of what we have lost will we be able to turn it around. In other words, we need to unite behind a party that supports our constitution and our values, grow that base and then (and only then) will be be in the position to make further demands; possibly libertarian?

    Taking a stand not to vote because we lost bump stocks will not help the pro-2nd cause and only take us further down the path to communism. Any further to the left, and it will take more than a vote to get bacon track.
    NRA - Life

  8. #48
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggidy View Post
    No, the GOP will not suddenly turn it around, no one will. Voting a 3rd party at this time is certainly not going to help at all, at least now. At this time we need to rebuild slowly, just as we have been taken down the socialism path, slowly. If we can maintain majority, maintain control then the conservatives, constitutionalists and such can become stronger. It is not until we gain back some of what we have lost will we be able to turn it around. In other words, we need to unite behind a party that supports our constitution and our values, grow that base and then (and only then) will be be in the position to make further demands; possibly libertarian?

    Taking a stand not to vote because we lost bump stocks will not help the pro-2nd cause and only take us further down the path to communism. Any further to the left, and it will take more than a vote to get bacon track.
    Name the conservatives standing strong under this GOP presidency, they've dwindled down to be counted on one hand. Conservatives lose ground when the GOP is on top.
    The GOP is not a party that supports our constitution, that is the entire point.

  9. #49
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Have you seen the people that are libertarian candidates.........
    There is nothing solid there. So much needs to be done in that arena. So much.

    I hate the whole lesser of 2 evils thing but it is the truth we seem to be stuck with. I can not remember voting for someone I actually wanted to be President since Ronnie and he had his issues.
    I'd take Gary Johnsons policy positions over Trumps or Clintons every time. Would you not?
    So much needs done in the libertarian camp? Implying not as much needs done in the GOP or Dem camp?

  10. #50
    Master Ziggidy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    I'd take Gary Johnsons policy positions over Trumps or Clintons every time. Would you not?
    So much needs done in the libertarian camp? Implying not as much needs done in the GOP or Dem camp?
    The libertarian party cannot win at this time. We are a split nation at the moment. Any reduction in the GOP vote will cause the socialist party to win. It's simple math. Timing is everything.

    I will vote against socialism however I can. I'm not a stubborn hero....just realistic.
    NRA - Life

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge