• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    So lots of heavy hitting 2a lawyers are discussing an imminent rule change on pistol braces a la bumpstock ban. Contact your legislators as soon as you read this if you're not OK with a brace rule change.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Hang tight. Several ingotarians will be along soon to explain:

Such item is merely an accessory.
    Such an item is merely a range toy.
    Such item is a novelty.
    Such item serves no practical purpose.
    Its necessary to compromise on such item in order to protect other items.
    Blah blah blah blah blah.

Don't believe such ignorance.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Such item is a novelty.

Things don't get banned because they are useless.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Such item is a novelty.

And I am not ignorant. Slow on the uptake at times but not ignorant.
    I do not believe any of that. Own too many braced AR's.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Tell me again how Trump is pro-2A and the years long assault on our rights is over. :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the NRA statement supporting the ban.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Hopefully none of the above will be mentioned now that you have all voiced the (hopefully obvious) truth. But some remain blinded by partisan allegiance..."muh 5d chess"

We will see.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Seriously there are a number of prominent 2a attorneys on social media talking about an announcement this week. It may be too late.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have written and emailed my reps and even Trump over the course of the past week. I Have told them that any more restrictions on our rights will lead to losing my vote and many others. I have asked them how they think more restrictions on law abiding citizens are going to stop evil people from doing evil things. To this point i have not received any correspondence back

Do you have any links as far as braces being banned, because i have not heard any talk of this till now. Just hearing about red flag laws, UBCs, and possible AWB to this point.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I have written and emailed my reps and even Trump over the course of the past week. I Have told them that any more restrictions on our rights will lead to losing my vote and many others. I have asked them how they think more restrictions on law abiding citizens are going to stop evil people from doing evil things. To this point i have not received any correspondence back

Do you have any links as far as braces being banned, because i have not heard any talk of this till now. Just hearing about red flag laws, UBCs, and possible AWB to this point.

The way things have been going the past 3 years on gun regs, no official statement will be made until the rule change has gone into effect.

I'm in quite a few groups on various platforms and when these screen names say something, they mean it. Most of this stemmed from a note leaked to a lawyer. It's grown over the past 3 days making its rounds.

So we don't live in the me of sources as much vital material is difficult to trace. Mostly leakers and whistle blowers trying to protect their pensions.

This is all leading up to a permanent awb. The Clinton ban lumped it together and expired, this ban is systematically and permanently destroying our rights. Republican gun grabbing is proving much more effective than dem measures.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Listen to Guys Saturday show... Callers trying to talk themselves into agreeing with mag cap limits. Fudds/butters take your pick. "We need to do something".

No 'R' will get my vote if any of this passes. It will go from probably a win for the 'Rs'/DJT to a bad night of losses.

NOT ONE INCH.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Sitting at the computer does not help .NEED TO DEMONSTRATE LIKE THE ANTIES DO Make as much noisein public places to counter their rhetoric and un truths about firearms . We need to sway the politicians our war

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Listen to Guys Saturday show... Callers trying to talk themselves into agreeing with mag cap limits. Fudds/butters take your pick. "We need to do something".

No 'R' will get my vote if any of this passes. It will go from probably a win for the 'Rs'/DJT to a bad night of losses.

NOT ONE INCH.

Ok. How will a night of losses help our cause if the left takes full control. This is a terrible catch 22 for us all and I see the issues very clearly “But”
    How will putting the Billery’s Bernie’s and Beto’s in charge help. They will waste zero time going full AWB on us. And please do not say this is a protest thing because nobody in power cares. It is what they want.

Now what do we do.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ok. How will a night of losses help our cause if the left takes full control. This is a terrible catch 22 for us all and I see the issues very clearly “But”
    How will putting the Billery’s Bernie’s and Beto’s in charge help. They will waste zero time going full AWB on us. And please do not say this is a protest thing because nobody in power cares. It is what they want.

Now what do we do.

:yesway:

Oh, and the easy fix is to remove SBR's from the NFA and end this nonsense with chintzy buttstocks that people pretend aren't buttstocks.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

Now what do we do.

€¥v^! W^r :dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Now what do we do.
    If the R's maintain the Senate and a D takes the White House, it seems that the R's are more apt to stonewall ANY talk of taking guns rights away...even an inch. Currently, we are hearing R's give in to SOME restrictions because Trump seems to like the idea. These same R's would likely hold fast against a D President. What do I know...

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg

Now what do we do.

Well, if punishing the R's by not voting for them is out, how exactly do we plan to prevent them from betraying us (again)? Monolithically voting for one party based on a perceived support of specific rights, REGARDLESS of how they actually vote on said rights, is a very quick way to be marginalized. If they can do whatever they want and people still vote for them, they have no incentive to do anything. Just look at how the Democrats run. There are several large groups that pretty much always vote Democrat no matter what and because of that, the Dems pretend to care about their issues and then ignore them after the election (see the African American community as a whole).

If gun owners are going to always vote Republican no matter how much gun control the Republicans pass, guess what... we will be ignore after the election is over and continue to get burned.

If the R's maintain the Senate and a D takes the White House, it seems that the R's are more apt to stonewall ANY talk of taking guns rights away...even an inch. Currently, we are hearing R's give in to SOME restrictions because Trump seems to like the idea. These same R's would likely hold fast against a D President. What do I know...

At the risk of agreeing with the infamous Denny, this is 100% correct. The only time you can count on Republicans to even pretend to be small government, pro-Constitution, conservatives is when the Democrats are in power.

Short term, having a Democrat win the White House will be bad for the 2nd Amendment. Longer term, letting Donald Trump continue to wipe his @ss with the Constitution for another 5 years will likely prove catastrophic for both the Republican party (though I think the Republicans are already a dead-party-walking at this point) and the American people.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana

Haaahahahahah... Riiiiight.
    Those R's will cave on gun rights as soon as it's convenient.
    It only takes a handful of scaredy cat moderate RINO R's to make MAJOR changes.
    And in many cases in the past, it only takes one RINO to block good legislation.
    I am not willing to trust the waffling R's we have in the senate right now.

Top Bottom