Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Question IWB Holster Recommendations

    I currently have a leather AlienGear IWB holster for my LC9s. Looking to switch it up for something different. Any recommendations? Also, any thoughts on a lot of the ones on Amazon?

  2. #2
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    I know I will catch a lot of grief because of this.
    I do not have the brand name.
    I purchased it at the NRA show in INDI. this year.
    It is all solid leather and very well constructed.
    It slides down inside your pants.
    I clip attaches to your belt.
    Everything else slides down inside.
    You see nothing.
    But if you know what to look for.
    You will see a patch of leather over your belt.
    It is held closed outside over the belt by a magnet.
    You grab the magnet flap and pull up.
    As you pull up.
    The weapon is pulled up and the grip is exposed.
    You grab the grip and you have your weapon in hand.
    It took a day of two to get use to having it down in front of my leg.
    I carry my wallet in my front pocket.
    The wallet even helps to hide the IWB.
    It fits my M&P shield perfectly.
    I did some practicing.
    I reached over with my left hand and pulled up.
    My right hand was there ready and pulled my M&P out.
    Now I do not notice it is there and ready.
    The ONE thing I disliked.
    The trigger was exposed to your trigger finger as you pull it up.
    I solved that with some heat forming plastic.
    I molded a small piece to wrap around and cover the trigger.
    I pressed it in to the trigger guard a bit for retention.
    I tied a 6 inch piece of string to the guard and to the holster.
    When I pull the holster out and grab the weapon.
    As I lift the weapon up to shooting position.
    The string pulls the guard off.
    The weapon is ready for me to place my finger on the trigger.

    Sorry I can not give you more info about brand.
    When you look a picture.
    it looks much to long.
    But believe me.
    Once inside your waist.
    It is perfect.

    I just looked on Amazon and open web sites.
    Did not find it.
    I will take a picture of it and post it later.
    With hopes someone else might have better information.
    Last edited by Spike Jones 5 2002; 08-16-2019 at 10:04.

  3. #3
    Sharpshooter LCSOSgt11's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Check out Contact!Concealment. The holsters are made right here in Indiana. In fact, about four miles from where I live.
    LCSOSgt11
    "May God protect those when in mortal combat, remember FRONT SIGHT, PRESS.

  4. #4
    Master KittySlayer's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I have been very happy with my Stoner holster for my P238. Comfortable, secure, quick on/off. I have one that is tuckable for work when I need to wear a shirt that is tucked into my pants. Does well hiding it from the antigun sheep. Only spotted once by a guy that carries when we were walking on a sunny day and I had a thin white dress shirt and he saw me print.

    One person did ask about the clip on my belt. I commented it was for a medical device which shut him up fast as he had no interest in hearing about my bag of pee or crap. HIPPA for the win.

    https://stonerholsters.com/Concealed...th-body-shield
    When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

  5. #5
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    I finally ordered a real belt... suddenly all of my holsters dont suck...

    I got this:

    https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/...BoCJWQQAvD_BwE

  6. #6
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Yup! View Post
    I finally ordered a real belt... suddenly all of my holsters dont suck...

    I got this:

    https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/...BoCJWQQAvD_BwE
    Yeah, I've actually been wondering how big the difference is between a gunbelt and a regular belt. They really do make that big of a difference?

  7. #7
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KittySlayer View Post
    I have been very happy with my Stoner holster for my P238. Comfortable, secure, quick on/off. I have one that is tuckable for work when I need to wear a shirt that is tucked into my pants. Does well hiding it from the antigun sheep. Only spotted once by a guy that carries when we were walking on a sunny day and I had a thin white dress shirt and he saw me print.

    One person did ask about the clip on my belt. I commented it was for a medical device which shut him up fast as he had no interest in hearing about my bag of pee or crap. HIPPA for the win.

    https://stonerholsters.com/Concealed...th-body-shield
    Love it haha -- I haven't had anyone ask about my clips, but I've already prepared statements like that.

  8. #8
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by tcause17 View Post
    Yeah, I've actually been wondering how big the difference is between a gunbelt and a regular belt. They really do make that big of a difference?
    This is my first gun belt, and yeah, im sold...

  9. #9
    Hop
    Hop is online now
    Master Hop's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    The Nexbelts are fantastic. I have two and love them both.
    https://www.nexbelt.com/collections/...SABEgJQw_D_BwE

    If I'm not wearing an OWB I use a hybrid leather / Kydex holster. I don't always wear a t shirt under my dress shirt & the leather (or horse hide) feels more comfortable than sweaty plastic.

    Mine was custom & the builder is out of business. closest thing to what I have is a Crossbreed Supertuck.
    https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/s...b-holster.html

    Most of my holsters are Safariland or G-Code.

    Revere's Riders Instructor - Scored both Master Rifle KD, Master Pistol

    NRA Pistol instructor | NRA Rifle instructor | NRA RSO
    Classes and info here: https://www.reveresriders.org/

  10. #10
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by tcause17 View Post
    I currently have a leather AlienGear IWB holster for my LC9s. Looking to switch it up for something different. Any recommendations? Also, any thoughts on a lot of the ones on Amazon?
    Don't know anything about Amazon. I carry my Kimber 9MM Solo in a Galco "Summer comfort" IWB steer-hide holster and really like it.
    Life member NRA - FFL -03 (Collector) life LTCH

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge