Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt7330 View Post
    On top of a dehumidifier, an old timer told me to soak a rag in rust preventative oil and leave the rag in the safe. Re-oil it twice a year. That and wipe down the guns yearly
    + use that rag to wipe down any metal surface after anyone touches them because of sweat and natural oils from hands.
    If you are standing upright, do not worry if your shadow is crooked.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A-Hoosier23 View Post
    + use that rag to wipe down any metal surface after anyone touches them because of sweat and natural oils from hands.
    Yeah I definitely gotta be more carefully about wiping down any areas that's just touched. It's easy to slip sometimes.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I run a golden rod and keep 2 large desiccant bags plus the oiled rags on the shelf (not soaked but used). Long guns that don't get used frequently get silicone bags. I have a couple Parkerized guns/barrels that flash rust terribly. I've never had to re-activate the desiccant.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BStarkey 46947 View Post
    I've never had to re-activate the desiccant.
    Thank yo for the reminder. I actually have to do that... and I think I'll do it right now.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

I just regularly inspect and wipe down all weapons that need it. No problems.
    LCSOSgt11
    "May God protect those when in mortal combat, remember FRONT SIGHT, PRESS.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Ihave'nt had any problems myself, but was grateful for all the imput you got. thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2