Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Police Body Cam (x3 angles) show shooting of suspect running away

Full video and 911 call above.
    Yahoo! News's version of the story below.
    https://news.yahoo.com/devon-baileys...032549500.html

Short Summary
    911 is called about a armed robbery that just occurred.
    Caller gives the names and description of the 2 guys that robbed him and where they currently are.
    Police (x3 different LEO) arrive and find 2 suspects fitting the description.
    As they go to pat them down one of the suspect runs, arms reaching for his waistband.
    Police shoot him and bring him down. Suspect had a gun in his shorts.
    ---

It all happens so fast.
    Good shot? Bad shot?
    I have not read all of the article yet but it does appear the suspect shot was the guy who robbed the caller.

User Info Menu

It appears that that shoot will be difficult to defend.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Furtive movements by suspect in an armed robbery. Furtive movements by a fleeing suspect in an armed robbery.

Furtive movements consistent with weapon retrieval by a suspected armed robber fleeing LEO.

I'm no lawyer or nothing, but in my ignorance, I'd say that this is a pretty easy call for a good shoot.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

Now I know why they call him SPAZZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Furtive movements by suspect in an armed robbery. Furtive movements by a fleeing suspect in an armed robbery.

Furtive movements consistent with weapon retrieval by a suspected armed robber fleeing LEO.

I'm no lawyer or nothing, but in my ignorance, I'd say that this is a pretty easy call for a good shoot.
    Fleeing felon rule stopped being a thing in the mid 80s. By the mid 90s most of the police jurisdictions had stopped training on it.

What actual evidence was there that the suspect posed an imminent threat?

The Merit Board (or whatever they have there) will probably avoid firing the guy; the grand jury will not indict. But the civil settlement will be significant.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post

IF the suspect is black and the officer is white, I guarantee its a bad shoot because the cop is a racist. He didnt do nuffin. At least thats what the MSM tells me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

I don't see this going to civil court after the officer is exonerated.
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

User Info Menu

He reasonably believed he committed a felony involving the use of a deadly weapon, and shot him to effect an arrest.

User Info Menu

I don't know Colorado law, but let's pretend it's Indiana:

(b) A law enforcement officer is justified in using reasonable force if the officer reasonably believes that the force is necessary to effect a lawful arrest. However, an officer is justified in using deadly force only if the officer:

(1) has probable cause to believe that that deadly force is necessary:

(A) to prevent the commission of a forcible felony; or

(B) to effect an arrest of a person who the officer has probable cause to believe poses a threat of serious bodily injury to the officer or a third person; and

(2) has given a warning, if feasible, to the person against whom the deadly force is to be used.

(c) A law enforcement officer making an arrest under an invalid warrant is justified in using force as if the warrant was valid, unless the officer knows that the warrant is invalid.

(d) A law enforcement officer who has an arrested person in custody is justified in using the same force to prevent the escape of the arrested person from custody that the officer would be justified in using if the officer was arresting that person. However, an officer is justified in using deadly force only if the officer:

(1) has probable cause to believe that deadly force is necessary to prevent the escape from custody of a person who the officer has probable cause to believe poses a threat of serious bodily injury to the officer or a third person; and

(2) has given a warning, if feasible, to the person against whom the deadly force is to be used.
    Ind. Code 35-41-3-3.

Shooting someone who is fleeing may still be legal depending on the circumstances.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

But in this case, probably not a good shoot in Indiana, but good in Colorado.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast