• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was out back having a stogie tonight and the neighbors son had brought his car over to do a little work on it at his dad's place. I was keeping an eye on my kids as they rode their bikes in the back alley. The son, probably in his late 30's early 40's noticed my pistol on my hip and started chatting about guns. He said he is ex military.

He asked about getting his "carry and conceal" and wondered about what pistol to get to back up his home defense shotgun. I offered my opinion. He then proceeded to tell me about his shotgun. "It's a pistol grip that I cut the barrel real short. But since I have it loaded with rocksalt, it's legal."

I inquired where he heard that. His buddy who used to be a cop that works with him at a local carwash (I can't make this stuff up) said it was ok. He never said how long the barrel was, but if he did the work, who knows. I explained the NFA rules but he didn't care. His plan was to stun the bad guy with the rocksalt, the pull out the pistol to do what needs to be done.

At this point, I knew it was worthless to try and help. I wrangled up the kids as it was time to go in anyway.

After being involved in firearms for so long, you'l think you've heard it all. Guess not.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If he wanted to just stun the BG, load the first round of the pistol magazine with birdshot. Same effect. At least that's legal.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I mean really all you have to do is rack the shotgun and 99% of people will run scared. Then, for the remaining 1% a warning shot will run them off.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ahhh...the Biden Defense Technique

If you're firing both barrels of the Elmer Fudd side-by-side, from the balcony, your neighbors might appreciate the rock salt. It's easier on the vinyl siding than 00 buck.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Stun the bad guy, then "finish the job".
    He might want to worry about his court date.
    Deadly force used against a "stunned" man?
    Not gpnna look good.

Top Bottom