• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I just tried to purchase a firearm from a licensed dealer. Filled out the 4473, dealer made the call, but was confronted with a notification that the NICS system is down. The check couldn’t be completed and so I could not take possession of the firearm.

As has been said in the civil rights movement context, “A right delayed is a right denied”. Today, the government denied me my God-given 2A rights. :noway: :xmad:

P.S. - Good luck to you licensed dealers at the various gun shows today.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Another example of how the specific language in the way laws are written, is so crucial.

We got the protection in there for cases when the system can't resolve a person's status in 3 days. On that one, the default favors the purchaser.

But apparently, if the system is down, all "ties" resolve in favor of "the house." Hacking attacks happen on the government. All. The. Time.

Something to think about when Universal Background Checks are on the menu. One simple line of language can turn that into a registration system.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I just tried to purchase a firearm from a licensed dealer. Filled out the 4473, dealer made the call, but was confronted with a notification that the NICS system is down. The check couldn’t be completed and so I could not take possession of the firearm.

As has been said in the civil rights movement context, “A right delayed is a right denied”. Today, the government denied me my God-given 2A rights. :noway: :xmad:

P.S. - Good luck to you licensed dealers at the various gun shows today.
    You are guilty until proven innocent. Any restrictions are an infringement.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well it's my birthday and if I sold something today I will not be able to call it in so.......

9P1G4y.gif

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another example of how the specific language in the way laws are written, is so crucial.

We got the protection in there for cases when the system can't resolve a person's status in 3 days. On that one, the default favors the purchaser.

But apparently, if the system is down, all "ties" resolve in favor of "the house." Hacking attacks happen on the government. All. The. Time.

Something to think about when Universal Background Checks are on the menu. One simple line of language can turn that into a registration system.

Unless you are stupid enough to buy from a BBS like Dicks or RK. Both as I recall have a corporate policy to refuse to release a firearm without an explicit "proceed", law be damned. The 3 day rule means nothing to them.

I THINK its that way with RK, but know for a fact its that way with Dicks. I only shop at Dicks when I know I'm buying a loss leader. The last time it was a 10/22 for my son that was on sale stupid cheap. As I was doing the "walk of shame" to the register with the firearms associate, we were chatting about it. He relayed the story of a poor guy who was trying to buy a gun. Every week he would return and they would get a "delayed" each and every time they called it in. So of course he never got his gun due to corporate policy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Criminals do not care if the system is down.

Troof!

Reminds me of a something I posted on the facebooks after hearing an idiot speak:

U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand is either a moron or just severely (or purposefully) misinformed.

In talking about a Univeral Background Check she said: "How do you feel about your child being gunned down on a park bench by a gang banger that bought a gun out of the trunk of a car?" (paraphrased)

Uhhh.... Even if you pass a UBC those very same thugs will conduct the exact same transaction out of the back of that car. Why? Because they dont care about the law, and also odds are that gang banger couldn't pass a background check anyway. So they will continue to make those (probably already) illegal transactions no matter what.

And you think they will be scared of that law when they already arent afraid of more serious crimes like murder?

Evil is illiterate. (Colion Noir) Your laws dont matter to them.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep, it always amazes me that folks in favor of gun control, UBC's, etc think that folks who commit murder and other violent crimes give a damn about gun laws.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    NICS was working as of around 9:30-ish this morning. Friend bought a gun at the Martinsville show from (obviously) an FFL that had him fill out the 4473 and called it in no problem. I know that the gun grabbers would never believe it, but not every sale at a gun show bypasses the background check. Kinda puts the lie to the "gun show loophole".

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    NICS was working as of around 9:30-ish this morning. Friend bought a gun at the Martinsville show from (obviously) an FFL that had him fill out the 4473 and called it in no problem. I know that the gun grabbers would never believe it, but not every sale at a gun show bypasses the background check. Kinda puts the lie to the "gun show loophole".

Except that they never let a good lie go unrepeated.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As a courtesy to gun buyers it would a good gesture on the part of NICS to provide info quickly if the system was down. Doesn't seem to be asking too much rather than just finding out when the check doesn't go through.

Top Bottom