• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Not sure if that's been posted elsewhere already.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...ally-shoots-student-during-course/2108336001/

[FONT=&amp]During the inspection, the range staff member — a civilian instructor the department did not identify — administered a "trigger pull test" and shot the student in the leg. Range staff initially treated the injured man.
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Paramedics arrived and the citizen was transported to a local hospital where he received treatment for a non-life-threatening wound," according to the department's statement.
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]The "accidental discharge" is being investigated by both the sheriff's Perris Station staff and the staff at the Ben Clark Training Center.[/FONT]

:ugh:

That's not an "accidental discharge" when you pull the trigger on purpose ... it's a NEGLIGENT discharge.The gun is designed to fire when the trigger is pulled.

I hope the guy who got shot got his concealed carry permit even though he probably didn't finish the class.

And I hope the get another instructor for the next class.

That happened in California.

Another reason to be against those unconstitutional mandatory classes ...

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    ​Next week's class-How not to shoot your eye out. Hurry, limited seating available! Followed by Wound Dressing 101.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    [FONT=&amp][/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    WAIoh2d.jpg

Even if you can't remember the other rules, what is so difficult about "ALWAYS treat it like it's loaded?"[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT] [/FONT]

Dirt Farmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2013
    South Western IN
    Not sure if that's been posted elsewhere already.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...ally-shoots-student-during-course/2108336001/

:ugh:

That's not an "accidental discharge" when you pull the trigger on purpose ... it's a NEGLIGENT discharge.The gun is designed to fire when the trigger is pulled.

I hope the guy who got shot got his concealed carry permit even though he probably didn't finish the class.

And I hope the get another instructor for the next class.

That happened in California.

Another reason to be against those unconstitutional mandatory classes ...
    I thought rule #1 was never point a gun at something you dont intend to shoot. Pointing a gun and pulling the trigger is an intentional discharge

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Trigger pull test? I wonder what that is in this context... I assume he wasn’t using a gauge in class to check trigger pull weight. I am not a professional instructor, but I would have tried something like that only with the gun emptied first, and without it pointing at someone.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    At least the Glock Fo-Tay guy shot himself and not a student. This being a positive tells me there's some messed up stuff here. This is why NOT pointing guns at people is so very important.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you are putting yourself out there as a firearms instructor then be one in the truest sense of the term. If you can not fill the uniform then do not put the damned thing on. Lives are at risk.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    On the bright side, Sheriff Bianco is one of the few in California who will actually issue permits to people outside of the political and financial elite ruling class in California.

On the down side, what the hell is a "trigger pull test" and why the hell would someone who should know better pointing the gun at someone when they pressed the trigger on a gun, even if they believed it was not loaded?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    On the bright side, Sheriff Bianco is one of the few in California who will actually issue permits to people outside of the political and financial elite ruling class in California.

On the down side, what the hell is a "trigger pull test" and why the hell would someone who should know better pointing the gun at someone when they pressed the trigger on a gun, even if they believed it was not loaded?

I guess it's when you make sure the gun goes bang when you pull the trigger. :dunno:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

The article makes it sound like it's a general term for a lot of other things, one of them being general safety.

I do remember when I first went through our department's firearm training, the instructors put dimes on our front sights and the goal was to press the trigger without them falling off. I guess that could be a trigger pull test.

Top Bottom