Mother of bullied child takes gun to bus stop.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    A North Carolina woman who was caught with an assault rifle at her son's school bus stop Monday says she grabbed the weapon before leaving home because she saw "dangerous animals" coming out of the woods.

"If they were here they would have seen coyotes on my property," she told WSOC . "I was scaring coyotes off. When I was coming back up to my house is when the bus pulled up."

But the unnamed mother, whose 11-year-old son attends North Stanly Middle School, also told the station her son had texted her that morning to say that he had been bullied by other students on the bus to school.

https://www.newsweek.com/mom-rifle-school-bus-stop-1456811

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So what? Did she do anything wrong? I think not.

She was simply guilty of being stupid. She might have been able to get people to dismiss it, if she had of kept to the "dangerous animals" story, but as soon as she mentioned the bully thing, she was gonna catch some heat.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    She was simply guilty of being stupid. She might have been able to get people to dismiss it, if she had of kept to the "dangerous animals" story, but as soon as she mentioned the bully thing, she was gonna catch some heat.

Some people can't seem to keep their mouths shut when it counts.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Stupid, sadly, is not really protected nor defended in any laws or in the constitution. There ARE some attempted safe guards against it...

either way, nothing illegal here.

Bullying IS a major problem. Perhaps this helped her child or made it worse who can know.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    So what? Did she do anything wrong? I think not.

Her son was bullied on the bus in the morning. He sends his mom a text to tell her. She shows up at the bus stop with a rifle to....
    A. hunt dangerous animals, or
    B. intimidate school children with a rifle.
    She should go with A.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Stupid, sadly, is not really protected nor defended in any laws or in the constitution. There ARE some attempted safe guards against it...

either way, nothing illegal here.

Bullying IS a major problem. Perhaps this helped her child or made it worse who can know.

Not only don’t we protect against stupid, but I think that stupid is promoted in a lot of ways. The stupid don’t think for themselves, they let others hand them their opinions and are much easier to control sometimes.

This is a good case in point. Her stupidity will not help her but it does provide ammunition for the anti-gun movement.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Her son was bullied on the bus in the morning. He sends his mom a text to tell her. She shows up at the bus stop with a rifle to....
    She should go with A.

Pity she didn't actually shoot a coyote. Then she could just "happen" to have it hanging from a tree and be skinning it out when the bus rolled up. Might get the message across without the actual gun even being there. ;) Maybe work up a crazed-looking smile and a wave for the kids on the bus.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    She should go with A.

C. The bus had a busted axle and needed to be put down...

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    She should go with A.

Or she could have just not made any statement... which would have been perfectly legal, and is often the better "strategy".

Stanly County Police Captain Chris Huneycutt said because she did not harm anybody or make any threats, the woman wouldn't be charged with any wrongdoing. "Obviously we're gonna suggest no one take a gun to a bus stop to pick up a child," Huneycutt told WSOC, "but as far as it being a criminal behavior, we cannot find a criminal violation."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Speaking of idiotic parents. I retrieved video from my camera for my neighbor after another neighbor hit his mailbox and took off. He confronted her the next day with a printout of the incident. At first she played dumb. After he showed her the evidence, suddenly she remembered and said she was sorry.

The best part? She lives just around the corner from us, 2 houses down. She drove 50 yards to pick up her kid, and in the process parked illegally in two ways. (facing the wrong way, 3' from the corner.) And it wasnt even a bad weather day.

omegahunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2019
    Daviess County
    Pity she didn't actually shoot a coyote. Then she could just "happen" to have it hanging from a tree and be skinning it out when the bus rolled up. Might get the message across without the actual gun even being there. ;) Maybe work up a crazed-looking smile and a wave for the kids on the bus.

Waving at the bus with the bloody knife in your hand while skinning the coyote would have made a pretty good statement all by itself.

Top Bottom