• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I saw the video Bradis posted on Facebook the other day, the video looked a little more clear on there.

I saw that too, but not much better. a couple 4 or 8 MP cams at that distance or at least some IR illuminators would help.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    And they need better cameras.

No joke... My now 3 year old Samsung systems from Sam's club for $700 is radically higher quality, it's HD over coax, FFS...

I share the Gunny's opinion on thievery... Glad their footlocker was secured.

Language warning:

[video=youtube;5NP8y63Ms4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NP8y63Ms4o[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No joke... My now 3 year old Samsung systems from Sam's club for $700 is radically higher quality, it's HD over coax, FFS...

But how does your system fare in low light? That is where the wheels come off the bus.

They may only need some IR illuminators to fix the issue. But I'd have to see the daylight output to know for sure.

CFL, and ESPECIALLY LED bulbs suck at helping cameras in low light. Unlike old school full spectrum incandescent bulbs, the new fangled bulbs purposefully dont emit much in the IR range. I saw this firsthand. I "upgraded" to CFL floods at home and suddenly my cameras pictures were half as bright at night. Yet to the naked eye they seemed brighter. New cameras with IR boosters fixed that right away.

Sadly, I think the only fix for this situation would be claymores. But IMPD would frown on that.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

But how does your system fare in low light? That is where the wheels come off the bus.

They may only need some IR illuminators to fix the issue. But I'd have to see the daylight output to know for sure.

CFL, and ESPECIALLY LED bulbs suck at helping cameras in low light. Unlike old school full spectrum incandescent bulbs, the new fangled bulbs purposefully dont emit much in the IR range. I saw this firsthand. I "upgraded" to CFL floods at home and suddenly my cameras pictures were half as bright at night. Yet to the naked eye they seemed brighter. New cameras with IR boosters fixed that right away.

Sadly, I think the only fix for this situation would be claymores. But IMPD would frown on that.

VERY well, especially at the distance that still appears to be taken from. They came with integrated IR LEDs that would light up my entire basement from 40 feet away more than well enough for me to make out the faces of people I know. I agree that more IR would be better, but I'm incredibly pleased with that system for what it cost (3 years ago).

Really, my entire point here is that I'm just bumbling idiot that went down to Sam's and bought a surveillance system off the shelf and it does a better job than that. A gun store should have their game dialed in way harder than they appear to, in agreement with your previous post.

Edited to 2nd for claymores...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    its also possible they got burned on crap cameras. Years ago I bought cheap bullet cams and within 18 months the picture was grainy as hell and unusable. A fraction of the original resolution.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    its also possible they got burned on crap cameras. Years ago I bought cheap bullet cams and within 18 months the picture was grainy as hell and unusable. A fraction of the original resolution.

I suppose a slow degradation over time would be hard to notice. Anyhow, I'm disappointed that they weren't a little more up to the task and I hope they take this narrow miss as an opportunity to remedy that situation. In my very narrow window of experience, it doesn't cost a lot to do a lot better than that.

I also hope the cameras in the store are nowhere near as crappy as the ones outside... Good grief.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Wasn't it just a few years back someone else tried to rob Bradis ?
    A friend of my mine had a shop in Cloverdale that got hit. He decided to close the shop after that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wasn't it just a few years back someone else tried to rob Bradis ?
    A friend of my mine had a shop in Cloverdale that got hit. He decided to close the shop after that.

Yes. That is why the entrance is different now. Idiots tried to drive through the front door. They failed as they only managed to destroy the vestibule and didnt gain entry into the shop.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    If they catch them all they will have to say is they were trying to confiscate the guns to keep them off the street since the gov isn't acting fast enough. Then we will be able to see their faces because they will be the msm's poster children...

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Actually the cameras work pretty good if the motion sensor lights they were standing under had came on. After checking the function after the attempt it was found that the sensor had gone bad. But I promise that has been repaired

Top Bottom