• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Would like to get some input on a S&W 657 ,and the 41 magnun .I am looking at one with a 6In" tube to add to my collection

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I was looking at the 57 a few years ago. 41 mag is a great round. I ended up with a 629 for a song, so went 44 mag to fill the big bore hole in the safe. Factory ammonia out there for the 41, but was pricey. I went 44 as ammo is readily available and have since added 44 dies to the reloading bench. Even if I had picked up a 41, I would be reloading for it as well.
    My 1911/2011 run has slowed and the revolvers are growing in population in the safe. My S&W revolvers are some of my favorites and see Range time on a regular basis. Always a great way to introduce a new shooter to the sport.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Cool guns, lot of special and limited editions. Ammo really isn't that bad, pretty cheap to reload while using lead, jacketed bullets I'm not sure it's been a while since I had to reload for it. Starline brass is the same or pretty close to 44 mag brass cost when new. I think my light loads are 7 or 8gr of Red Dot

My first handgun was a 657, decided way back when I either wanted a 629 or a 657 and would get the first one I found within my budget and liking....behold the 657 Classic Hunter 2.

Still have that and a 657 Mountain Gun

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I own two .41 mags, a Super Blackhawk Hunter and a Super Redhawk. The .41 mag provides most of the performance of a .44 mag with a noticeably less recoil. Excellent deer hunting cartridge.

Top Bottom