• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Kroger has issued a statement asking customers to no longer carry weapons in their stores, and is using verbage similar to Walmart in asking for tougher gun laws.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I don't care one bit what Kroger does. I will not shop there due to the rudeness of their back room staff as well as the disgusting condition of the backroom. It does sadden me that these big companies are bowing down to the anti gun crowds. But such as life I guess. -Jason

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Better start growing all your own food.

Good hobby to have...

20190818-170930-1.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Walmart and Kroger are two companies that have grown too big for their britches.

The gun issue is certainly enough to push us away. The other end of things is that both of these companies are jumping into an emotional climate intentionally, to make political statements. Remind you of Dick's a few years back? Gun issue aside, not a company business plan that I'd like to support. :twocents:

Happily, the new Aldi and Fresh Thyme on my side of town seem to want my business and their pricing is competitive...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sadly, here in Bedford and Mitchell, between Kroger and Walmart, they've pretty well got the grocery store market cornered. There's an Aldi's but ehh... Boycotting either for us isn't going to work.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Happily, the new Aldi and Fresh Thyme on my side of town seem to want my business and their pricing is competitive...
    There you go, you've found the only 2 stores that don't prohibit lawful carry. Time for an OC shopping event. I do love Aldi, too bad they don't have a better selection. My closest Fresh Thyme is 30 minutes away though.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There you go, you've found the only 2 stores that don't prohibit lawful carry. Time for an OC shopping event. I do love Aldi, too bad they don't have a better selection. My closest Fresh Thyme is 30 minutes away though.

I'm rural, Aldi and Fresh Thyme are ten miles away from me. 20 minutes in good traffic, plus parking and trying to survive Btown drivers. I plan my shopping, so driving twice or three times that distance would not be a big deal.

No question at all of whether to support the Walmart/Kroger anti-gun agenda. :nono:

**** those fuel point baiting games anyway. ;) Wonder if Kroger will see the noted immediate absence of us from their tracking cards not racking up points? My fuel purchases won't fund their agenda either.

Good for you OC guys! I'm not sure that the in your face stuff is such a great idea right now though. It didn't work so good with those sharp fellers at Starbucks a few years back, when the issue was hot like it is now.

Last edited:

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    if people were really smart they would can conceal carry and low capacity magazines. every required to lug around a 100 rounds drum minimum(empty or full) and open carry.. The people OC'ing are NOT the ones that people should be afraid of. sadly the anti's soccer moms get scared at seeing guns, usually because deep down they dont trust THEMSELVES with guns.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Since these are not legally enforceable and only requests, how much would it cost these stores if people went in anyway and filled there cart until asked to leave. Not saying it's a good idea, just something that if done regularly by a large number might grab their attention. Instead of just not making a profit off of OC'ers they would also be paying someone to reshelf what they could have sold.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Stopping law-abiding gun owners from carrying holstered handguns openly. Yeah that'll help.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Since these are not legally enforceable and only requests, how much would it cost these stores if people went in anyway and filled there cart until asked to leave. Not saying it's a good idea, just something that if done regularly by a large number might grab their attention. Instead of just not making a profit off of OC'ers they would also be paying someone to reshelf what they could have sold.

I believe all perishable food has to be discarded since they can’t tell how long your milk has been riding around in your cart, and putting it back could potentially be unsafe.

Ironically you have a better chance getting food poising than you do being shot by an OC.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Down here in Lawrenceburg, there is Walmart and Kroger. I will do my due diligence and look around for a more 2A friendly store. We had an IGA open for a couple months, but it was never even fully finished before they closed up.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The wackydoodle nut cases are picking on WallyWorld recently. Maybe MORE OPEN CARRY might deter at least one wackjob from doing dirty deeds there.
    Maybe hiring a full time an armed, quality security person might be a deterrent?
    I know that's a lot of added on payroll numbers in the mix but surely it's more than likely it's cheaper than cleaning up biohazard messes from unfortunate innocents.
    A "Policy" or thought isn't going to stop the lunacy. Force on Force works well

Top Bottom