• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Funny how you will never, ever see a law or lawsuit blaming knife owners or baseball bat owners for their dirtbag kids borrowing it to beat or stab somebody to death.

Like someone said in the other thread, it's the Jim Crow-ing of gun owners. Nobody else in the country is subject to such a slew of liabilities and criminal penalties for the actions of others.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Funny how you will never, ever see a law or lawsuit blaming knife owners or baseball bat owners for their dirtbag kids borrowing it to beat or stab somebody to death.

Like someone said in the other thread, it's the Jim Crow-ing of gun owners. Nobody else in the country is subject to such a slew of liabilities and criminal penalties for the actions of others.

Or big truck manufacturers because crazy/drunk/high drivers plow into stopped traffic killing seniors and toddlers. Where are the calls to ban big trucks? They are killing machines!

For those not in the area, this summer in Indy we have seen two horrific accidents where drivers in semis or dump trucks have driven full speed into the back of a line of stopped traffic. The first killed a young mom and her twin toddlers. Then just the other day a guy high on drugs slammed into 11 cars at a stoplight, killing an elderly couple.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I'm not sure if this is a Jim Crow-ing of gun owners as much as it is a plaintiff's attorney who sees some deep pockets, coupled with a grieving family member who "wants something to be done!"

They left out some important details in the complaint starting this case. From the complaint in the civil suit:

13. That on or about February 25, 2019, MOLLEY drove a friend to the
    Property to meet CONNOR [Kerner, the alleged killer]. MOLLEY waited in
    her vehicle while her friend met with CONNOR.

How sweet, she's just driving to a friends house!

However, the criminal probable cause affidavit from the alleged murderer's criminal case:

Kemer said that Thomas Grill was coming to his (Kemer’s)​
    grandparent’s residence for a drug deal. Kemer advised that Grill’s ["friend" in the paragraph from the civil complaint]
    girlfriend drove them in a black Honda Civic, due to Grill’s license being suspended.

(Note that everything in these excerpts are allegations told from one side of each of the cases.)

Edited to add: This whole situation is a tragedy, and I don't want to make light of the tragic deaths of two young people at the hands of a third. However, these are the kinds of cases that make people dislike lawyers.

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    But, but, but this is called gun violence not people violence so how come they didn't sue the gun itself? I know, rhetorical question. I just can't believe these people and, more importantly, I can't believe an attorney took on this case. Hello, anyone hear of comparative fault?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    21 years spent defending clients (mostly) tells me this is accurate.

Yep, like GE/Osram, Goodyear Tire, etc also getting sued when an aircraft goes down because the engine seized due to a failed oil pump. Why? Because their products were also installed in that aircraft. Maybe the plaintiff fails, maybe he gets lucky and GE (and others) says "Tell ya what, If we just give you $10k, will you just go away?" and suddenly they are no longer part of the lawsuit any more.

Top Bottom