• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have seen this elsewhere. What are the actual legality's involved. With out delving into the article and dealing with double speak what grounds do these administrations have to do this.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think these "anonymous" tip lines like that Safe 2 Talk that they mention should be illegal. It's different than Crimestoppers, where you can report on a criminal that has already been charged, and is wanted by the police (i.e. an outstanding warrant), but to be able to make baseless accusations that have legal and other implications for the accused should NOT be protected. Apparently habeas corpus doesn't apply in these cases.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Cementing my disregard for the use of social media sites.

Well, except for INGO.

Be careful what you post. Zealots are amongst us and entities will error on the side of overreach given the current climate.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have seen this elsewhere. What are the actual legality's involved. With out delving into the article and dealing with double speak what grounds do these administrations have to do this.

School was made aware of harmless pics. No threats made. Just him posting pictures of guns mentioning the trip to the range. They called the cops. Cops investigated and found the panic unfounded and told the school there was no threat. School still kicked him out pending a hearing out of an abundance of caution. School got BLASTED for it nationwide and reinstated the kid (before they had time to have a hearing). Now the kid has had to leave school because of bullying by other kids calling him "school shooter".

Kid probably will have his college paid for and his lawyer will get a new Benz.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Legally somebody narc'd to the police, who looked at it and determined nothing wrong or illegal was happening. Then they narc'd to the school and some private anonymous tip line, and the school flipped out on their own outside the bounds of the law.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So in all of this there were ZERO issues. NADA. And now this young mans teen years are wrecked because of some tdiot administrator that should not have matches but is running a school. Does that about cover this one.

I am no fan of meaningless law suits but I really hope every one of those self important idiots are held accountable.

Wait.....what......bully's in a zero tolerance school. Are you kidding me.........:xmad:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think I've found the problem, school administrators who don't know duck **** from apple butter. The Police did the right thing, the school employs idiots.

According to the attorneys, the school has a protocol that must be followed when a report of a threat comes in through Safe 2 Tell or other means, even if the report is completely false – and there is nothing parents or students can legally do about it, even with a lawyer. If the student is charged or further action is taken, that changes. This is why students have dubbed Safe 2 Tell as “Safe 2 Swat”, referencing the act of “swatting“, a criminal harassment tactic of deceiving an emergency service into sending a police and emergency service response team to another person’s address.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think I've found the problem, school administrators who don't know duck **** from apple butter. The Police did the right thing, the school employs idiots.

According to the attorneys, the school has a protocol that must be followed when a report of a threat comes in through Safe 2 Tell or other means, even if the report is completely false – and there is nothing parents or students can legally do about it, even with a lawyer. If the student is charged or further action is taken, that changes. This is why students have dubbed Safe 2 Tell as “Safe 2 Swat”, referencing the act of “swatting“, a criminal harassment tactic of deceiving an emergency service into sending a police and emergency service response team to another person’s address.

So basically they are enabling the inmates. This makes zero sense as do the existing red flag laws. These knee jerk feel good look what we did to keep you safe responses are not solving anything........Duh. Go figure.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I am thinking of going into Law enforcement.
    I need to be comfortable and accurate with a handgun.
    Should I go out and get as much practice as I can.
    If the school should say NO.
    Then tell them you want to become a teacher.
    From now on until the day you receive a class full of children.
    You will not step into a school room to learn and be comfortable and knowledgeable.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The hearing was already held (lasted "5 minutes"), and the student was cleared.
    Just out of curiosity, why is a mother taking her kid out of school to go shooting. That's just odd. And no I'm not buying "the range is crowded after school" excuse.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    The articular just stated "early".
    When I was in school.
    We got out at 14:45.
    "Early" is ambiguous.
    It could be the reporter attempting to throw a dark shadow on the Mother.
    Still what the H-LL does the school have to interfere or snoop into a family outing.
    This is not a Communist controlled country.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just out of curiosity, why is a mother taking her kid out of school to go shooting. That's just odd. And no I'm not buying "the range is crowded after school" excuse.

I had a 20 gauge pump shotgun, and a 30 30 Winchester lever action rifle in my gun rack at school. Soon as the bell range my buddies and I would go shooting many a day. That was in the 1980's. Many students had guns in their trucks back then. No one ever wanted to shoot up the school. I see nothing wrong with what happened except a totalitarian police state pushing it's will on others making them feel like criminals.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I had a 20 gauge pump shotgun, and a 30 30 Winchester lever action rifle in my gun rack at school. Soon as the bell range my buddies and I would go shooting many a day. That was in the 1980's. Many students had guns in their trucks back then. No one ever wanted to shoot up the school. I see nothing wrong with what happened except a totalitarian police state pushing it's will on others making them feel like criminals.

This!

I’m of the same era and guns in student vehicles was very common. So was a knife on your belt. Fists settled serious issues and we moved on but we didn’t have social media, trophies for everyone or acceptance of any and all personal expression at any time.

We are facing a societal crisis and the solution will not come from passing inane laws and making insane policy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The articular just stated "early".
    When I was in school.
    We got out at 14:45.
    "Early" is ambiguous.
    It could be the reporter attempting to throw a dark shadow on the Mother.
    Still what the H-LL does the school have to interfere or snoop into a family outing.
    This is not a Communist controlled country.

I don't take it as being ambiguous at all. If they say the mom took the kid out of school "early," then you can't tell me that it means anything other than, prior to when the kid is normally supposed to leave school.
    And I agree that it is the mother's prerogative to take her son out of school. However, it is odd that she would take him out of school, on Tuesday, just so he could shooting.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Guns in gun racks, at school, even in the 90s wasn't uncommon at my HS also. But I will say this, even without the thought of a kid shooting up a school, leaving early, in the middle of the week, would not be so fondly looked upon by school admin, at least not in LA.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

But you forget. The original story was "We kicked him out, see you in a week for a hearing to appeal. And no, he cannot have his homework assignments so he can keep up in the meantime." At which point it hit social media and blew up, forcing them to recant and have a quick "nevermind, we are idiots he can come back" 5 minute hearing ahead of schedule due to intense public pressure/backlash.

Top Bottom