• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I am surprised how little info there is available for these out there.

Came across one in my LGS and it is obviously a well made bolt action mag fed scoped rifle in 22lr. It was also cheap which normally doesn't go in concert with "well made". It has two scopes with it, the "original" 4x20 BSA (made in Japan) and a newer BSA Optics 1" variable with mounts for each.

Of course I bought it, and researching on the net is amazing slim. I plan on beautifying it for the son and grandson to use but I am also planning for the occasional breakage and replacement parts.

Believe it or not I was in a rush and didn't take a pic or even look at it too hard. It is the Supersport 5, does anyone know of problems inherit to this rifle? Any good parts place on this continent?

Every search gets me the usual "BSA or Birmingham Small Arms was founded in 1861 blah blah blah." I need more usable real life info. Thanks in advance.

Now some smartellic is going to post "BSA or Birmingham..."

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Small arms such as .22 & air guns made in Great Britain are probably overshadowed by those made elsewhere in Europe. Germany, Finland, CZ-BRNO, etc. I think the BSA products are well made, I have a couple of their smaller scopes and they will focus down to under 10 meters for air guns.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I am surprised how little info there is available for these out there.

Came across one in my LGS and it is obviously a well made bolt action mag fed scoped rifle in 22lr. It was also cheap which normally doesn't go in concert with "well made". It has two scopes with it, the "original" 4x20 BSA (made in Japan) and a newer BSA Optics 1" variable with mounts for each.

Of course I bought it, and researching on the net is amazing slim. I plan on beautifying it for the son and grandson to use but I am also planning for the occasional breakage and replacement parts.

Believe it or not I was in a rush and didn't take a pic or even look at it too hard. It is the Supersport 5, does anyone know of problems inherit to this rifle? Any good parts place on this continent?

Every search gets me the usual "BSA or Birmingham Small Arms was founded in 1861 blah blah blah." I need more usable real life info. Thanks in advance.

Now some smartellic is going to post "BSA or Birmingham..."
    They also made the BSA Lightning to some they are a collectors item.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Did you know BSA or Birmingham Small Arms was founded in 1861?
    I've never had a bad BSA rifle, they are quality. There isn't much info out there on them as you have found.
    there are many "miniature rifle clubs" all over england even now. I immediately think of a cricket style rifle, but the miniature is for 22 caliber.. lol
    I have had several bolt rifles, but the ones I have kept are the small martini style rifles in 22 caliber, 2 of which are BSA products.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I have picked it up and cleaned it up. I haven't shot it yet but this is one sweet rifle.

All contained bolt, adjustable factory trigger for pressure and travel, full floated stock.

You will think I am bragging (and I am) but for the rifle, the original BSA scope from the 60's and a newer BSA optics 3x12x50... $155.00

It pays to live at the LGS...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Shot it. Including the scope adjustments go get it on target at 35 yards, all 35 shots went into a 1.5 x 2.25 inch area.

I need to do a little ejector work but otherwise it is ready to run.

Top Bottom