In wake of shootings has anyone changed what they EDC???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    In the wake of the recent shootings (ARs, Body armor, etc...) have any of you changed your EDC? I watched a video recently where Tim Kennedy was talking about switching to the FN57 to account for body armor. Its definitely something that would help. Im just not sure how concealable that handgun would be for me in the summer. Sometimes i bring my OH S*** bag with me. It can have a rifle and some spare mags. However its not always on me and sometimes i leave it in the truck. Is one of the options to carry a small SBR or "pistol" in a rifle caliber in a backpack? One that is easily carried and doesn't draw suspicion? Vert'x actually has some nice options, and a few of my rifles would probably fit no problem.

Being a father, its something i think about when i leave the house. Really curious what some of you have changed, if anything.

Thanks.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I switched my carry only because I found something better for me. I don't plan for o **** moments. It's there if I have the need to throw lead. :twocents:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    No change, crazy people shootings are really rare.

Mostly this.

Paying attention to international terrorism for the last several years provides all sorts of real-world anecdotes for what the spectrum of potential incidents might be... and what might be necessary to stop them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    In the wake of the recent shootings (ARs, Body armor, etc...) have any of you changed your EDC? I watched a video recently where Tim Kennedy was talking about switching to the FN57 to account for body armor. Its definitely something that would help. Im just not sure how concealable that handgun would be for me in the summer. Sometimes i bring my OH S*** bag with me. It can have a rifle and some spare mags. However its not always on me and sometimes i leave it in the truck. Is one of the options to carry a small SBR or "pistol" in a rifle caliber in a backpack? One that is easily carried and doesn't draw suspicion? Vert'x actually has some nice options, and a few of my rifles would probably fit no problem.

Being a father, its something i think about when i leave the house. Really curious what some of you have changed, if anything.

Thanks.

Nope, no changes in gear. Perhaps some changes in outlook, though.

I am curious if can purchase ammunition (or legally possess) for the FN 5.7 that will reliably penetrate soft body armor. When it and the P90 debuted, the ammunition that met those specs was not available in the US to non-LEO civilians.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No recent changes for me. I changed up to better address the modern day terrorist threats along with long gun toting thugs a few years back.

Always did think having a long gun around didn't cost much vs needing one and not. :twocents:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No recent changes for me. I changed up to better address the modern day terrorist threats along with long gun toting thugs a few years back.

Always did think having a long gun around didn't cost much vs needing one and not. :twocents:

:yesway: :patriot:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    A Glock-27 .40 85% of the time with a spare magazine, a Glock-22 .40 and a spare mag 15% of the time depending upon threat perceived. But against a shooter(s) armed with an AR or AK, cover and concealment hoping for a good shoot if I can, or have to, is more realistic. Texas shootings recently happened in a State much like ours with great handgun laws that did not make a difference, armed LE response did. I would hate to have to "Gear Up" to go to the Wal Mart Market for milk, but you never know

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    It depends on what clothes I'm wearing. I used to go small single stack only, but recently I've switched to sub-compact double stacks just for ammo capacity.

Other than that, the only thing I've altered is mind set, and situational awareness.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    No change, crazy people shootings are really rare.

I hear ya on that. The chance that i would even need to use my firearm is really rare as well. However, i still carry one. Just wondering what the consensus was. Looks like most people are just carrying what they usually do. Guess i can keep the m249 in the safe.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Nope, no changes in gear. Perhaps some changes in outlook, though.

I am curious if can purchase ammunition (or legally possess) for the FN 5.7 that will reliably penetrate soft body armor. When it and the P90 debuted, the ammunition that met those specs was not available in the US to non-LEO civilians.

Yea i was also curious when he said this. The video was on his instagram. Ill see if i can dig it up on youtube and post a link.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Moved from a Kahr to a Sig P365 - more capacity, better trigger, better sights, and I seem to be able to shoot it more accurately.

Thanks for response.

Same here, although i switched from a p230 to a p365xl. Are you shooting the original 365 or the xl? Mine seems to shoot like a much bigger gun. Trigger was my only complaint. The more i shoot the gun the trigger seems to be better. Could be me getting used to it, or the trigger breaking in. Really excited for sig to release the romeo zero red dot they designed for carry. If its a steel body ill definitely throw that on top of the gun.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Due to Constitutional Carry seeming to "not gonna happen" and with all the bombardment of news of shootings, to my dismay I have considered going ahead and getting my Carry License and switching to a modern handgun. If I had my druthers it would be a FNX (15+1 .45) chambered in .460 rowland (.44 mag ballistics in a semi auto with reduced recoil).

But for now I'm still packin the 1851.

Top Bottom